Fall (chapter 3)

INT. HOSPITAL – LUKE'S ROOM. NIGHT

We see a medium size room in white color. There's a big window on one side and two doors on the other, one for the bathroom and the other to get in and out from the room. Lorelai comes in and softly walks to Luke's bed. While she walks Luke wakes up.

Luke:

(His voice sounds like he's in pain) Hey.

Lorelai steps by one side of the bed next to Luke.

Lorelai:

(Making her Vito Corleone's impression) Look how they massacred my boy!

Luke:

I've always admired your capacity for never losing your sense of humor.

Lorelai:

(Holding herself for not crying) That's because if I don't make a joke I'll start to cry.

Luke:

It's ok. It's one of the things I love about you.

Lorelai:

I know it's a stupid question, but how do you feel?

Luke:

Better than I look. I think I might take you to dance later.

Lorelai:

I guess I'll have to lead, I mean look at you (She and Luke smile)

Luke:

I'm sorry. I didn't mean to lie to you.

Lorelai:

(We can see she really makes a big effort for not crying) Luke, don't worry about that right now.

Luke:

It's just...

Lorelai:

I know. But we'll talk about that later. Now all I want is my husband focused on getting well again.

Luke:

That's a good idea.

Lorelai:

(she finally starts to cry a little) I thought I had lost you!

Luke:

(Soft voice) Hey, I'm not going anywhere. Who's gonna make your coffee?

Lorelai:

(Smiles) and get me burgers and muffins.

Luke:

And Paul Anka's food! (Lorelai Smiles) You see, you still need me around.

Lorelai:

I love you Luke.

Luke:

I love you too

Both remain in silence for some seconds.

Lorelai:

Hey April is outside with Jess.

Luke:

Why didn't they come in?

Lorelai:

She was very nervous and I wanted to be sure she'll find you in one piece.

Luke:

Well thought!

Lorelai goes to the door and calls Jess and April. Both come in and April goes straight to Luke and hugs him.