Fall (Chapter 11)

INT. JESS' APARTMENT. DAY

We hear the TV on and see Jess cooking at the kitchen. While he's putting something on the stove we hear someone knocking. Jess goes to the door. He opens and looks really surprised when he sees Rory.

Jess:

Hey, what are you doing here?

Rory:

Hey!

Jess:

I thought you'd be at Paris' weeding.

Rory:

I was but... It doesn't matter. Can I ask you something?

Jess:

Sure

Rory:

Why did you kiss me?

Jess:

What?

Rory:

Yeah, that time before we went to the hospital, why did you kiss me?

Jess:

Listen Rory, it's not important.

Rory:

Then why did you do that?

Jess:

Because I wanted to, ok? But eventually, I knew you will get back with Logan, and it's ok.

Rory:

What? I'm not...

Jess:

I get it, really. I know you were together for such a long time and now you have kid...come on!

Rory:

You don't know that!

Jess:

It's how it should be Rory. So, let's just forget about that kiss ok?

Rory:

Well, that's the problem, I don't want to!

Jess:

You don't want to?

Rory:

Don't want, can't! Honestly I felt really confused and scared about my feelings for a very long time, but now I'm pretty sure what I want.

Jess:

And what's that?

Rory:

You, You idiot!

Jess:

What?

Rory:

I know Logan and I have a baby and I can't change that but all this time we spent together, living here with you, all the fun we had...

Jess:

We did have such a great time.

Rory:

We did! I just realize everything just fits... when I'm with you.

Jess:

But what if some day you realize you and Logan...

Rory:

I won't. Believe me. I love the way you make me feel and the person I am when we are together. If I got till this point in my life, is in a big part, thanks to you. You've been such a great friend, always there for me... Like Luke and my mom...