5 years Later...

INT. THE NEW YORKER. DAY

We see the New Yorker offices, big space, lot of desk and people working. In the back, in an office we see Rory writing. We come closer looking for her. We get inside the office, Rory is casually dressed. She's writing on her laptop, we see some papers and envelopes on the desk. The office has white walls and a big window at the back. Some diplomas, articles and paints are hanging on the wall. On the right wall we can see The New Yorker Logo. We continue going closer to Rory and over the desk we can see a wood sign which says "Rory Gilmore – Editor". Rory's phone is on the desk and starts to ring.

Rory:

Hey. (makes a pause) Yeah, I almost finish here but I have to do one more thing before I get home. (makes another pause) No, I can't tell you right now. (makes another pause) I'd just rather tell you in person, ok? (makes another pause) Yeah, my mum has that covered and Luke and Sookie are taking care of the food, so I guess we are good. (makes a pause) Sure, see you there then. (makes a pause). Ok, I love you too, bye.

Rory hangs the phone and continues writing on the computer.

INT. LUKE'S DINER. DAY

Luke's diner is half-crowded. We can see Kirk on one side, Babette and Miss Patty on the other side sitting at a table. Lorelai comes in and goes to the bar. She looks surprised because there's no body.

Suddenly we see a little girl, long light brown hair, bright blue eyes, appearing behind the bar. It's Amy. She is wearing a pink sweater and a red baseball cap.

Lorelai:

(surprised) Ohh... Hey there!

Amy:

Good morning mam, what can I get you?

Lorelai:

(Smiles) Luke? what happened to you? You shrank!

Amy:

(Serious) That's no funny!

Lorelai:

I'm sorry.

Amy:

what can I get you?

Lorelai:

Ummmm, let me see... I guess I'll have a blueberry muffin and a coffee to go please.

Amy:

You should not drink much coffee.

Lorelai:

(Smiling) Oh yeah? And Why is that?

Amy:

It can get you cancer!

Lorelai:

Oh, (smiles) I didn't know that, thanks for the tip! And what about a big hug? Can I get one?

Amy:

Sure grandma!

Lorelai goes behind the bar and hugs Amy. Then she carries her. We see Luke coming from the back and he goes to the bar.

Lorelai:

(To Luke) Really, Cancer?

Luke:

She's a smart kid. And now that I remember, someone told Amy she was losing her hair if she didn't take her cap off!

Lorelai: