Black Haired Beauty

Will be putting up a pic on this chapter soon :)

Chapter Two

“Cassy? Casey? Sandy? Sandra?” I could hear the voice but I couldn’t process it. “CASSANDRA!”

“What?!” I shrieked once out of my daze.

“You keep staring,” Misty nudged my shoulder.

“At who?” I challenged.

“Drew,” she giggled. I blushed because I knew it was true. Drew sat across the lunchroom, hanging out with new found friends. His black hair hung above his bright blue eyes. All the girls were trying to flirt but he kept shrugging them off.

“Oops,” I sighed. My eyes didn’t leave his until I saw him look in my direction. “Shit!”

“What?” Misty asked.

“I think he saw,” I said, suddenly really involved in eating my sandwich.

“Everyone is staring, he won’t pick you out in the crowd,” she reassured.

“Great, just perfect,” I sighed as I got up to throw my leftovers away.

The day went by slowly. It was full of me staring at Drew and Misty having to shake me from the daze before Drew noticed.

I made my way through the crowd at the end of the day. While waiting by Mitch’s car Misty came running up behind me.

“Guess what?!” she shrieked, excitement spilling over her brown eyes.

“What?” I asked as I played with my sweater zipper.

“A bunch of people are going to the Mocha Monkey after school on friend day!” she shrieked.

“And I really needed to know that because…” I egged on.

“We are both invited!” she screamed in my ear.

“Who’s all going?” I asked, I wasn’t going to get excited until that question was answered.

“Selena Kruckeberg, Kristi Springs, Lillie Saucier, Neil Loveridge and Drew Turnner,” she sang as she started to jump around me, no long able to conceal her excitement.

“Who was that last one?” my mouth was hanging down to my knees. All the others were my friends but Aaron made me jittery and nervous. I didn’t like that.

“Black haired beauty,” she giggled, no long jumping. “Why do you think I am so happy?”

“I don’t know,” I mumbled, seeing Mitch come up behind Misty.

“Hey,” he said. I mumbled a hello and climbed into his car, waving bye to Misty in the process. We didn’t talk the whole way home and when we arrived I fled to my room, not wanting to see my father. I would also get piles of chores that Mitch was supposed to do.

I sat on my bed with my earphone in and started doing homework. After doing pages of nothing I heard something come from down stairs, a faint yelling sound.

“What?” I yelled.

“Get down here!” my father called. I ran down the stairs, jumping half, and ran to the living room.

“Make us supper,” my father hissed at me.

“Okay,” I sighed. I walked to the kitchen, grabbed the phone and punched in the numbers I knew all to well.

“Ron’s pizza!” a voice chirped over the phone. “What can I do for you?”

“Hey Ron, its Cassandra,” I sighed.