Tell Drew What?

Mom's question lingered in my head through the next few days. I never told anyone about it, not even Drew. I knew if I told Drew he would just worry. I wanted to get past what had happened before, I wanted to move on.

It was Thursday and I still hadn't made my mind up yet. Today I had to get my answer. I had to know that there was something here worth staying for. Drew I would miss but in the long run was he worth staying here for? He was just a boy after all, just one of the many I have broken the heart of or had my heart broken by. He can't be much different, he was more troubled then the rest but he was still just a boy.

On the other hand I can't leave him while he is the way he his, he could do something really stupid. And I would miss him.

"Cassandra?" my thoughts were cut off by the very boy I was thinking of.

"Yeah?" I asked as I turned my head from the note book I was unconsciously staring at.

"I was wondering if you wanted to do something tonight," he chuckled as I tried to keep myself from zoning out again.

"Like what?" I asked as I tilted my head to the side. We were seated at the back of the math classroom so the teacher, thank gosh, didn't hear us.

"How good are you at mini golf?" he asked.

"Mini golf? Not good but not bad," I giggled like a little girl.

"Same here but I can't think of anything else to do," he said, blushing.

"Well then it's a date."

"Our first official date."

****

Once I finally got to my apartment I was standing face-to-face with my mother. I had made my decision hours ago and was finally ready to tell her...

"I am going to move in with you," I announced. Her jaw dropped in surprise, you could see her head spinning.

"Really?" she asked in disbelieve. I nodded my head.

"Mitch wont because he has a contract with the landlord saying he must stay here for a certain amount of time. I, on the other hand, want to get a new start. I want to connect with you again."

"When do you want to move in?" she asked.

"This weekend, I have stuff to do here before I go. You know, tell Drew and Misty," I sighed, plopping myself on the couch.

"I can make that work," Mom nodded. "It's a small town with only one school. The school is always excepting new students 'cause it's desperate." Mom mumbled to herself more then me.

"Drew is picking me up later to go mini golfing," I announced, "so I will be in my room getting ready."

"Okay, I will be watching reruns on T.V."

Soon I had clothes scattered around the room and still hadn't found an outfit. I sighed and walked out of my room.

"Your phone rang!" Mitch, who had gotten home a few minutes ago, called from the kitchen. Coming to a skidding stop, I grabbed my phone and opened the new message. 'Be there @ 8!' It was from Drew. I glanced at the clock and saw I only had fifteen minutes.

"Mom!" I screamed. Mom came barreling out of the bathroom in confusion.

"What?!"

"Help me?"

"With what?" she asked.

"I need an outfit in fifteen minutes..."

Mom walked into my room and came out five minutes later with an arm full of clothes. On the table she set down a white and red spaghetti strap dress. Then on top of it she threw my red leather jacket.

"Thanks," I smiled, I guess I over looked my favorite dress through all the stress.

"No problem," she smiled back. "So are you going to tell Drew tonight?"

"Tell Drew what?" asked Mitch while he made himself something to eat.

"I- I am moving in with mom."

"What!?" his freshly made toast fell to the counter with a small thud and he cursed under his breath. Mom gave him a harsh look but seemed careless bothered by it.

"Think about why it's for the best," I told him. There was a short pause while he thought it over, his eyes then lit up as he swallowed a bite of his toast. I knew what he was thinking. College.

"I think it would be good for you."

I nodded just as someone knocked at the door.

#$#$#$#

Sorry for not updating in a while. I have been on holidays :)

Anyway, I did change the name of the book and I think I may change it again. To "Indestructible"

It fits the book better because the book isn't JUST about their relationship.