Family only

Once at the hospital we waiting in the waiting room with Tyler and Drew. Drew kept a tight grip on my hand as we waiting for a doctor or the boys mom for any news on their dad. Tyler refused to sit still and continued to swing his legs under his chair. He didn't look okay though, he looked upset and worried all at the same time. He reminded me of his brother who was nonchalantly, slightly swinging his legs as he gripped my hand. He had a few tears rolled down his cheeks and he kept glancing behind him to see if anyone was coming down the white hallway. This time though someone was standing in the hallway. It was a nurse, her face was kind, her long brown hair was in a ponytail on her head.

"The Turnner family?" the women called from the hallway. Drew and Tyler jumped at the sound of their last name.

"Yes?" Drew asked the nurse.

"You may see your father now," the nurse smiled up at the boys. Drew clutched my hand harder as I lifted myself off the chair. The nurse looked between Drew, our hands and I.

"Family only," the nurse declared, not rudely though.

"But-" I began but Drew cut me off.

"Go home Cass, get some sleep," Drew kissed my forehead.

"Call me in the morning?" I asked. He pulled me into a quick hug."

Of course," he mumbled into my hair. I pulled away, blew Drew a kiss, waved at Tyler and walked down the hall. I stepped to side and pulled my phone out.

"Mitch could you pick me up?" I asked over the phone.

"Where?" he asked.

"The hospital and hurry, I look like a hobo," I chuckled, not letting the worry in my voice seep through.

"Why are you at the hospital?" he paused for a minute.

"I'll explain when you get here."

"See you in a few," he sighed.

I waited in front of the hospital for a good ten minutes waiting for Mitch. The air was getting colder as the sun started going down and I rocked back and forth slightly to keep warm. Finally Mitch pulled up and I hopped into his car. 

"So why are you here? Is Drew okay?" he asked. When I had left home Mitch was at work so I never got a chance to tell him.

"Not Drew, his dad. He was in a car accident," I looked down at my feet while talking. Mitch had pulled away from the hospital and was driving toward our apartment.

"Will he be okay?"Mitch asked.

"I won't know until the morning."

"I see."

Once we got back to the apartment we both headed for bed, or at least our separate rooms. After changing, eating, hair brushing and showering I finally looked at the clock, it was almost midnight. I guess I was at the hospital a little long then I thought.

I crawled into bed and waited for sleep to come. It never did though, I was to busy worrying about a man I wish I knew.