The Reunion

~Luke~

It's been fifteen years since I left America... Lynn. The first few years were hard but after the fifth year I finally decided to move on. I met a young girl named Jane and married her after two years of dating. We have two kids, Ashton and Michael. We're a happy family and I couldn't feel more joy.

Recently my father contacted me and asked if I wanted to bring my family to America for a reunion. At first I said no because I didn't know if I could handle seeing Lynn. My father convinced me though and so we're on our way to America.

~

"Are you alright, dear?" Jane asks as she squeezes my hand.

"Huh? Oh yeah, yeah I'm fine... just nervous is all." I say and kiss her on the cheek. I never told her about Lynn because I didn't know how she'd react. Hopefully I'll never have to.

"Dad, Ashton won't stop scaring me!" Michael screams as Ashton makes scary faces at him.

"That's enough, Ashton!" Jane scolds.

"They're not even scary Michael." I laugh but then get a dirty look from Jane. "what?"

"Well they're scary to Michael... why would you even say that." Jane rolls her eyes and switches seats with Michael, so she's next to Ashton. Michael grabs ahold of my arm and rests his head on me. I set my hand on top of his head and close my eyes.

I begin to think about how we're going back to America. My eyes burst open when images of Lynn's naked body floods my mind. I clear my throat and stand up to walk to the restroom.

"Where are you going?" Jane asks as she grabs my arm.

"The restroom, I'll be right back." I say and kiss her head. I can feel my hands begin to sweat. It's been fifteen year and just the thought of Lynn still gets me going. Once I get to the restroom I shut the door and lock it. I look in the mirror and see thirty three year old man, married, and with kids.

I turn the water on and rinse my hands. More images of Lynn's naked body start to fill my mind. I grip the sink and try to think of other things, but the closer we get the more images of her flood my mind. I look down and see my pants are tighter.

"Fuck...fuck, fuck, fuck." I swear as I quickly begin to calm myself down.

"Is everything alright?" A strangers voice comes from the other side of the door, it must be one of the flight attendants.

"Yeah, yes everything is fine." I say and listen to their leaving footsteps. Once I calm myself down I exit the restroom and walk back to my seat.

"What took you so long?" Jane asks as I lift Michaels sleeping head from my seat.

"I was using the bathroom, I told you that." I say, a little too harshly and she immediately begins to retaliate.

"Don't talk to me that way! What the hel- heck is wrong with you! Do you really want our kids to only ever hear us argue?!" She whisper/yells at me. This is her favorite thing to do when we argue, she always says that we'll affect the kids if we argue in front of them. Out of all the annoying things, that's the most annoying thing she does.

I tune her out by closing my eyes and quickly falling asleep. Janes voice is barely reaching my ears when I slowly fall into a deep sleep.

~

"Good morning, sleepy head." Lynn says as she kisses my nose.

"Good morning, beautiful." I say and kiss her lips again and again. She laughs between my lips but I won't let her pull away.