Chapter 31

~Lynn~

I wake up to the smell of bacon and eggs and can't help but to shoot out of bed. When I make it to the door I remember that I'm not wearing a shirt so I quickly grab a sweater and run downstairs. Everyone is sitting at the table and talking. When my mom and Mr. Hemmings see me they smile and my mom gets me a plate.

"This smells wonderful." I say, shoving too much food into my mouth.

"Well it had better be! Me and your mother made it." Mr. Hemmings said as he put his arm around her. I smile as I see my moms cheeks turn pink. It's funny seeing my mom so happy because before this marriage she would never smile as much as she does now.

After we continue to eat I notice that Luke still hasn't come downstairs yet and it was eleven o'clock. I glance up to the stairs and I feel my moms hand rest against mine. She gives me an odd smile then pulls away.

"Lynn, Why don't you go wake up Luke?" My mom says, grabbing some more bacon.

"Uh... okay. I'll be right back." I say as I stand up and grab my plate to wash.

"Take your time." my mom smiles. Why is she acting so weird? I look over to Mr. Hemmings who was also looking at my mother weird. Once my dish is clean I run upstairs and knock on Luke's door.

I hear a grumbling noise, a thud, a moan, then shuffling towards the door. When he opens it I gasp. The smell of alcohol and smoke escapes from his room, causing me to almost gag. What happened to him?

"Are you alright?" I ask, holding my hand over my mouth and nose. He smiles as he watches me try not to puke.

"Oh yeah just great." He says as he grabs my arm and pulls me inside his gas chamber. The first thing I do is find his febreeze bottle, that he keeps for these occasions, and spray his entire room. Once I'm done Luke walks over and cups my face with his hands.

"What is up with you?" I ask as my cheeks squish against my smile.

"I'm just enjoying the time we have." He says as he leans in and kisses me. Surprisingly he doesn't taste like cigarettes or alcohol he must of chewed some gum. I smile against his lips and wrap my arms around his neck. I'm caught off guard when he pulls away.

"What is it?" I ask as I watch him walk over and sit on his bed.

"Your mom knows." He frowns as he looks at the floor.

"What?" I ask, not being able to hide the shakiness in my voice.

"Your mom knows about us. She told me last night when she brought me water." He says as he looks to me. "She said she didn't care as long as no one else found out."

"So she did see us last night... but she doesn't care?" I ask, rushing my fingers through my hair.

"Nope. Trust me I was as confused as you." He laughs and stands up, stretching his long torso.

"Well that explains the smell... and the way my mom acted this morning when she asked me to wake you up." I say as I take a seat at the end of the bed. "Did she say anything else?"

"Well... She said it can't last, and honestly she's right because after senior year we're both going somewhere different." He says sitting back down and wrapping his arms around me. I sigh as I realize that my mom is right, we could never last. Luke pulls me tighter against him and I hold back tears of realization.

"I love you."

"I love you too."

I love you

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hope this chapter was good! I was really tired writing this so it's probably not my best.

Don't forget to vote and comment :)

Love You