Chapter 1: The Return

After speaking with Father Don, I feel a little better, yet also worse, for defying my husband. He explained that people are willing to help us, and I asked him to contact them for us. Part of me believes that Dan, not Talion, is the one trying to stop us from getting the church involved. My husband must be in there, hoping we will figure this out and a way to stop his brother. I can't believe that the man I love would rather do this on our own without help from the church.

These people have been fighting entities like this for centuries. Mig and George believe in the priest, so I do as well, now that we've met. I'm curious about this friend, the demonologist, and how this man can help, but Father Don believes this person has a special way of dealing with demons.

For now, I am kept in the dark and I want it this way, in case Dan takes me over once again.

While I wait to be released by the doctor, our friends go to the chappal, here at the hospital, to speak with Father Don about their plan. This person, the demon expert, will need to be able to move within our world, and those two guys know how to make that happen. Considering there are several new people who have been joining Talion's crew, I believe this person will be hired to help with the harvest.

I'm starting to believe that this child may be Dan's and that is how he has been able to manipulate me. He would not hurt his child, I don't think, but if it was Talion's, that demon would never think twice. Then again, look how he treated Andy.

On the ride home, with Jaxon driving us, no one utters a word. We are all just biding our time and praying that we make it home safe. Being in the front seat, I try to ignore the little girl skipping along the sidewalk.

She is wearing a bathing suit in the snowstorm, but I refuse to say a word. She waves at me, and I turn away because Dan is just messing with my head.

Looking back at George, his eyes are closed, but his mouth is moving.

He's probably praying, and I should probably do the same.

Mig just looks at me with a smile on his face. He does not seem to be affected by Dan and his antics.

I wonder why? Is his faith stronger than Dan's? If so, maybe I need to go to church more and regain my own beliefs.

After dropping George off at his apartment, we continue to the house. He did not say much, other than goodnight, and we were on our way. I've been dealing with all of this for months, so it's not as insane to me anymore.

But for the boys, this is all new. Part of me wonders why they are willing to help us through this mess, yet I know the answer already. Talion is a good man, he's their friend and they are very close, I can tell.

Pulling into the driveway, I breathe easier and say, "Jaxon, please do not tell Talion that George is back, just yet. I would like to discuss some things with him first if you don't mind."

Mig replies, "Actually, I've already talked to Jax, so don't worry about him, Cece. We've got this and you just need to act normal. If he asks, just tell Talion that George should be out of the hospital soon."

"Alright boys, I'm leaving this all up to you, and thank you all for helping us. Have a good night and thank you for being such good friends to Talion and me." I say as they stop at the path to our door.

Getting out, Mig helps me because my side is tender, and he takes my seat in the front.

This sweet man offered to walk me to the door, but I said, "That's alright. I have a feeling Dan or Talion is watching me, and I refuse to poke the bear."