Chapter 13: Brother

Getting to the shop, Avery and I open the door. And everything looks fine. The lights are all on and I don't see anything out of place.

How odd, that none of the wine barrels fell or even the bottles. Of course, I'm sure they have this place earthquake-proof, but what could be blocking the door?

Avery leads the way, and I follow as we walk through the back hall. He then stops in his tracks and I do as well while trying to see what he's looking at.

He says, "You know Cece, I can't believe how fucking hot you were, back in the day. Look at the body you had before the kids. That, my dear, is a piece of art and Talion did an amazing job painting this, don't you think?"

"That is not very appropriate, Avery, and we have to go." I scold and feel a bit nervous about how he is talking to me suddenly.

He adds, "No, seriously, you were sexy as hell, and I'll admit I stared at this yesterday and..."

"Jesus Avery, that is enough!" I shout as he comes closer.

Backing me up against the wall, he then says, "I'm not Avery, sweetheart, and I'd love to see what you have to offer now. Your breasts are bigger, so what else has changed?"

Oh my God, who has possessed my nephew...

"Cecelia, don't you know me? You don't remember all the fun we used to have together? How we would make fun of the Astaroth family when they thought we were enjoying their company. You have no idea how hot you made me. Oh, the thoughts that would run through my mind. They were pretty raunchy, my dear, and I think it's time we finally make my dreams come true." He states, and that's when I realize that this is Bob.

"Oh, so you do remember me. It's been hard living two lives, but what can you do?" He adds with a smirk.

Holy shit! I think to myself, but this can't be true. Looking at my brother-in-law, who has been pretending to be my nephew for years, I am thoroughly disgusted. What role did he play in this madness? How did Bob get us to believe his lies, and where is the real Avery now? Maybe he and Dan were partners in this...

"Wow, that little brain is working overtime, Cece. Hearing your thoughts, they are whipping through that pretty head of yours like a hurricane." He says to me while getting even closer.

"Yeah, I figure out the trick to keep your demons guessing while my powers ignite to full force!" I shout and then throw Bob across the room and into that painting he loves so much.

Hitting the wall hard, I let him hover up there for a little while.

"That hurt Cece, but I see you have figured out how to use those powers, finally," Bob says in an annoyed tone.

Slamming him into the wall again. By just flicking my wrist, I smile.

Oh, he needs this one more time?

I toss him again and then squishing him up against my portrait.

"Don't piss me off, Bobby, or you will be eating that wall," I shout.

Thinking of my first question he says, "Yes, Cece, of course, Avery is fine. He has been living with Nina and me for a while now."

"So, you can read minds quite well, Bob. How is that possible? Are you a witch or a demon, dear brother?" I ask.

He laughs and answers, "I am a warlock, sweet sister, and I'm able to change appearances quite easily, especially with my son. I've been reading minds since I was born and boy, do I have some stories for you."