Chapter 7: Nightmare

At that moment, time freezes for everyone except me and my mother. There are no sounds, not even airflow as I stand here looking around at everyone and trying to understand what is happening now.

At least Bob is not moving forward and ending my mother's life. But who stopped time? Clair is looking at me curiously, but she does not say a word. Did I cause this, or did she, maybe Samael, had unearthly powers back then?

"You are so inquisitive, Cecelia. Your mind keeps coming up with different scenarios and I have a hard time not laughing. We were right. You do have abilities but are so unsure of yourself and the gift you've been given. Now that you have seen the past and what these people have done, who are the real monsters?" She asks, but I know this is not my mother.

As I stare at her, she continues, "Lilith had her daughter, kill Samael. She was an innocent sent to kill a demon without knowing what she was doing. Lorelei will block this moment in time out, for the rest of her life, due to the anguish and the guilt she felt. Lilith will gain all the power from her husband, only to hand it over to her sons. They, in turn, will use it for their own personal gain. The twins never believed in the craft or even used it correctly, except as a weapon against each other, because of you. Cecelia, who is to blame for all of this cruelty?"

I just continue my silence.

"Many lives were lost due to the power outage. Then there is the cruelty of neighbor on a neighbor. Now the weather is inflicting damage as we speak and it's turning people into animals, fighting over scraps of food. People are dying from a virus that was manmade, and it was all for power. Who is to blame for all of this chaos?" She asks while gazing into my eyes and eating the food that Lori brought out.

Looking at her, knowing this entity is hiding within her soul, I say, "Samael is the cause of this disaster. He brought the darkness into their lives in the beginning. He wanted to wield the power over his coven. Did he believe in the gift? Did Samael use it as a weapon? Yes, he took every ounce of his power and destroyed his family, while killing himself in the process. Samael is the monster here. The man even awakened the devil, so that his gaze is now transfixed on our family."

She replies, "Well, you're close, my sweet, but I don't think you see the entire picture yet. You see, the devil was never asleep and is very comfortable down in his hole, where he rules. But the damned... not so much. Samael is also believed to be the father of Cain as well as the eternal mate of Lilith. These two thwarted God's plans and infected the garden of Eden. Cain and Able fought until one perished. Now, look at what you are dealing with today. We have Dantalian and Dantalion. Not much has changed over the 100s of years."

Trying to piece this together, I ask, "Wait, are you saying that my in-laws are the same people?"

She answers, "Oh, Cecelia, there is so much more going on. Lucifer, Astaroth, and Beelzebub are the Devil's children, not just the unholy trinity. Their father refuses to share his power with them. For millions and millions of years, they have stood by his side, doing whatever was asked of them, no matter how much they loathed him. Is it wrong to want to usurp his throne? I mean, it's the devil, and he is not good, right? Maybe the trinity would do a better job?"

"So, what you are trying to convey is that the trinity is hoping to take over hell and run it better?" I ask, wondering where this conversation is going and who I'm speaking with at this moment in time.

As she watches me intently, sizing me up, the entity then says, "No, Cecelia, they want to end Hell. To close up shop and lock the doors, you might say. No one believes in it anyway, so what is the purpose after all? Those who belong there, don't believe they do, and it's a constant battle. Then you have God, who most people believe in, yet they never follow his impossible rules. It is so unfair, and the game is rigged against every human being from the start. Heaven is empty, Cecelia, and Hell is overflowing with people who don't deserve to be there. The scales are tipped and the trinity would like to even them a bit. Think about it, why have Hell when life up here is as close to it, in theory, as you can get?"