Chapter 10: Tape

Getting out of the bath, I'm shocked and upset. All this time I was wrong, and they had me under their spell. They possessed me, and those wicked demons took over my mind. Drying off, Talion watches me, saying nothing, as I leave and walk into our bedroom.

Going through my closet, I try to find something comfortable to wear. Seeing a lavender maxi dress, I pull it out and bring it over to my dresser. Next, gathering some underwear, I go to the bed and lay them out. Staring at these for a moment, I start to cry.

At that moment, I remember what Eisha said, how we were together, sexually.

God, I don't even know if that was real or fake. I'm such a fool. All this time, they had me in their grasp.

Talion asks something from the bathroom, but I'm lost in these horrible thoughts.

Thinking about her hands on me, I shake my head, try to put those thoughts out of my mind, for now.

Wiping my tears, I ask, "What did you say?"

"Nothing baby, let's go downstairs with everyone else and discuss what went on, here in the real world." He says while joining me in the bedroom.

Standing there, I look at him and then flop on the bed.

What a mess this was, and I had no clue it was all going on inside my head. Did we defeat them, if it was just me and my thoughts? Was it a dream or reality?

Laying here, I feel like my mind is spinning out of control. Talion comes to me and he cuddles up, then we spoon. Together, we lay here for a few minutes. So many thoughts are flying through my brain and I can't tamp them down.

"You're right, I need to hear what was going on while I was possessed," I say, just as he kisses my head.

Standing up, he reaches for my hand and pulls me up to him. Again, we kiss as he holds me tight.

Looking in his eyes, I whisper, "Sing me a song, so that I know this is real."

"Which one would you like to hear, my lady?" He asks as we start to sway back and forth.

Holding me close, Talion sings a medley of our favorites from back in the day. This is real. I can touch him and feel his hard muscles. Listening to his voice, I feel my beautiful husband's hot breath on my neck, and it tickles. My heart is beating so fast as he gets to my favorite part of the song, where he holds that note and I love that he is doing this for me.

"Mom, are you two coming downstairs today? Everyone is waiting. What are you two doing in there?" Luke asks from the other side of the door.

Talion winks and says, "In a minute son, I'm just serenading your mom."

"What are you doing to her?" Luke says in a shocked tone.

He says, "I'm singing to your mother. Oh lord, I have so much to teach you, boy."

"Oh, okay... I'm going back down there then." Our son replies and we laugh.

"There's that beautiful smile, that I've longed to see." He says to me, as we kiss one more time.

Opening the door, we make our way to the stairs, and I hear Kelly's voice.

Last I knew, they were at the hospital with Andy. Wait, wasn't she at the hospital with mom...? No, that was just another lie.

Looking at Talion, he squeezes my hand and we head down to the living room.

Once inside, I see that everyone is relaxing and talking quietly about all that's happened. Seeing that Andy is in my sister's lap, I go over to her first.