Chapter 6: Exposure

Eisha walks out from the back and explains, "Oh, he's one of our agents and is sticking his nose into things he doesn't understand."

She shoots him a nasty look and the man just nods at her.

"It's been my job to decipher all the writings we have found within the different covens we've investigated over the years." She states as Kelly looks at her.

I reply, "Please continue, Eisha."

"Alright, you see all this information came to us, from Special Agent Solomon and I went through it with a fine-tooth comb. It took some time to figure all of this out, but we realized that Liam murdered Gabriel, because of the affair he had with your mother, Clair. Being on the high council, your father had the power to choose Josh's parents for their lottery. The only problem was, Liam needed the rest of the council to agree and add their names to the Martyr List for execution." Eisha explains.

Kelly has tears in her eyes and asks, "My father had Josh's parents killed, because of me?"

"No, none of this was your fault, Kelly. Liam started putting the pieces together after Joshua was born. He decided to have a paternity test to find out if you two girls were from his bloodline or not and found that Cecelia was the only one who passed." She states as Kelly looks at the floor.

Seeing my sister's reaction, I say, "Kelly, you were an innocent child and had nothing to do with what our parents were doing."

Josh is just sitting here, listening to all of this, and I hope he does not resent us after the truth comes to light.

Eisha sits down next to us and says, "She is right, Kelly. These people had orgies, and it was a cult-like atmosphere, not just a witch's coven. At first, Liam wanted to send Kelly away, but your mother made a deal. She promised to never see Gabriel again, if he allowed you to stay with them and if he raised her as his own. At this point, Liam cared for you a great deal, so he agreed, but Clair would need to be branded, as her punishment for the affair."

"So that's why she had the A on her shoulder," Kelly states.

Eisha nods and adds, "Yes, she agreed and assumed that this nightmare was over, but Liam was not done. He became so jealous, that Liam came up with a plan to end Gabriel's life. We are not entirely sure how this came to pass. But Clair could no longer hide her feelings and mourned Gabriel's death. This angered Liam, and he decided to murder Clair as well. Then, somehow, Samael got wind of Liam's plan and added your parents to the martyr list, where they were both executed. That one was a doozy, let me tell you. There were fake notes. Some of it was blacked out and the ledger was all changed. They were trying to falsify something in the journals, but we never did find out what they were hiding. I have my theories though."

"Is our mother dead or alive, Eisha?" I ask as she looks at me.

Eisha states, "Well, we aren't sure about that, and her body was never found. Now, as I said, Liam was pretty mad, so if she lived it would have been a miracle. Oh, sorry... I'm sorry, it's just that I've been working on that question for many years and we just got back from their Wiccan church that had been started by Samael himself, but no luck. I thought we would find something, but the scene was cleaned up."

"Cleaned up? So, someone was there? You said it had been abandoned for years." I reply and wait for her answer.

She then says, "Well, yeah... but when they left, the coven took everything. There were no signs that anyone had been there in decades. No writings, symbols, or ledgers like we would normally find. All that we found were traces of hunters who had passed by the old church and probably teenagers messing around."