Chapter 8: White Light

As Todd's phone rings and rings, and he does not pick up, I fear the worst. Looking at Talion, I see the worry in his eyes as well. Bob shakes his head, and it's time to get back down there.

What have I done? Did telling my brother-in-law about Eisha and Lawrence get him killed?

Hanging up the phone, I look at Talion and Bob, then shake my head no, as they both get ready to fight. Looking down at my belly, I fear that this has gone too far and I'm scared.

What if they win? Kelly and the kids, Lori and her family, will perish along with my little ones.

"Something is wrong, and if we lose this battle, we will have lost everything. Maybe I should call the house and get everyone out first? At least that will give our family a head start. Maybe even a chance to run and possibly survive." I say as they look at me.

Talion walks over to me, takes my hands, and says, "Cece, the weather is so bad. Listen to me, just go to the house with them and save our children. I do not want to risk your life or our unborn child, let alone the twins. Get our family to safety and protect them from the darkness downstairs. I love you, my lady, and this is just too much to risk."

"Cece, you're pregnant? No, you cannot risk getting injured or worse. Talion, you need to go as well and protect your family. This is not your fight, even though you think it is, because this war started a long time ago. I will take them on. After all, this is my cross to bear. They will die by my hand and you will no longer need to live in fear. Go now, save your family, and leave this evil business to me and my coven. I called my friends and they will be here shortly to help me defeat them." Bob says as we stare at him in disbelief.

Talion says angrily, "Why would you invite witches here? Like we don't have enough problems? What if they decide to turn against you and join them? I can't believe you did this, Bob."

He looks at my husband and replies, "Talion, we are white witches, like Cece. There isn't a soul with darkness in their hearts, within our coven. I'd never do anything to hurt your family, let alone my own. My son is in that house with your two and even though he is grown up quite a bit, Avery is still my child. Talion, you know me..."

"Yes, I do, and I also know my sister, who we watched poison that woman only an hour ago. She was under a spell and almost killed Cece's mother." Talion says as we hear the elevator motor come to life.

"Go... Go now, you two! Save yourselves and your family. Go and I will handle whatever is coming to the surface." Bob says while trying to get us to leave.

Talion grabs my hand and drags me to the shop door. Outside there is at least 5 feet of snow now and no way to get to the house. Hearing the elevator come up to this room, Talion grabs my hand and we hide behind the barrels.

Suddenly Eisha and Lawrence walk out of the elevator together, hand in hand.

"Hey there, Bob, is it? Where are the Astaroth's? We were told they came up here and we've got some questions for them." Eisha says while flinging her hair back to show Bob her breasts.

He answers, "They aren't down there? Well, no one is up here except me, that I've seen. I was getting a bottle of wine to bring back downstairs. Would you like me to get you both a bottle as well?" Bob says while trying to act calm and cool.

"Why do I think you are lying to us?" Lawrence asks as Eisha walks forward to look around the shop.

Bob says in an annoyed tone, "Lie to you? Why would I do that? Aren't you with the FBI? I tried calling Todd, but he didn't answer his phone. Where is he?"