The rat

{I hate when people ask "Who you tryna look good for?" bitch myself bye}

I woke up by arguing and I immediately know who is arguing, Penelope and Haydon, they always have something to argue about, I have no idea how they argue so damn much but it's how they are and I got used to it so I went into my bathroom connected ...

I woke up by arguing and I immediately know who is arguing, Penelope and Haydon, they always have something to argue about, I have no idea how they argue so damn much but it's how they are and I got used to it so I went into my bathroom connected to my bedroom and did what I needed to do in there and headed downstairs to the kitchen.

I walked in and saw Penelope on one end of the table with her hands crossed and Heydon on the other side in the same position. "Good morning," I told them as they didn't even notice that I walked in "Zuri hey" her face lit up and intertwined our fingers together. Heydon got up and left "What were you fighting about this time?" I asked making myself some coffee "Oh he was just getting on my nerves so I told him what he needed to hear and the argument quickly became heated but I think I won" she said proudly.

I shook my head with a smile taking a sip from my coffee "What are you doing today?" I asked her "I was going shopping with my mother," I choked on my coffee "What!?" I asked, Penelope and her mother do not get along so it's a surprise that they are going out together "Yeah, can you come with me?" she asked, I do not want to be in the middle of their arguing cause it always leads to me to say who is right so no thank you.

"I wish I could but I have to train and help with the party planning" it wasn't a complete lie I did have to train but I didn't have to plan the party "Ok I better go change cause I need to meet her in an hour" she rolled her eyes and left. I made myself some avocado toast and scrolled through Instagram for a bit until I was done eating. I looked at the time on my phone and it read 9:48, I placed the plate in the sink and went to my room cause I needed to be at the gym by 10 to train with Haydon.

I wore Addidas shorts with a matching black crop top paired up with some black sneakers, I put my hair into a messy ponytail and went to the gym. I saw Haydon already there on his phone "Hey Heydon" I said as I approached him "Hey you ready?" he gave me a toothy smile putting his phone down, I nodded my head and we started to do some stretches before moving to the fighting ring to hand to hand combat.

We started to fight, me dogging his every punch and him getting all the punches from my fist before tackling me down on the matt and starting to swing punches at me, I flipped us over so now I'm on him pinning him down with my legs around his neck choking him, he tapped my leg to release him, I did and he was coughing "Good job Zuri" he praised as he recovered "Thanks" I said getting up and arranging my hair a bit when the gym door opened and Milo walked in "Boss" Heydon said even though they are best friends Heydon insists he calls Milo boss cause he knows what he's capable of but when there isn't anyone around he calls him by his name but there are a few men around here so he calls him boss.

"I need to talk to you," he said grabbing my hand and pushing me out of the gym "What do you want?" I asked as he kept dragging me up to his office, he closed his office door and turned to me "Did I do something wrong?" I asked as he sat on his chair, he usually acts like this cause someone did something "No" he simply said "I just want to know what you're wearing tonight" he said with a smirk.