Chapter 15 - Sally

George POV:
I wake up, and immediately jump out of bed. I run to the closet door, not worrying if I wake Clay or not. I grab a simple white tee shirt and black jeans off the shelf. I slip them on as I run out of the closet again. I hear Clay grumble. "Sorry Clay, gotta get ready!" I say, before racing out of the room. He grumbles and rolls over, now facing away from me.

I run down the stairs and jump into Clay's car. I'm about to drive away, but I forgot the car keys. Damn it. I open the car door and run back inside. I sprint at full speed up the stairs. I open the door to our room. "CLAY. WHERE ARE YOUR KEYS CLAY?!" I scream at him. He looks over at me from the bed, confused. He points to the dresser and then rolls his eyes when I almost hit my head on the door frame running out of the room.

When I get to the car once again, I shove the keys into their slot and I start the engine. I pull out of the driveway and onto the road. But before I pull onto the road, I stop and look at my text messages.

~ last night ~

I walk up to Clay, thinking this decision over carefully. "Clay, do you know who, um, who Wilbur's wife is?"

He sighs before answering. "Sally Gold, George, her name is Sally Gold." He looks down at his feet, as if he was generally dissatisfied with the question.

"Do you happen to, have her number?" I ask. "George, do not tell me you're gonna cheat on me with Sally Gold, are you?" I roll my eyes. "No Dream, I want to talk to her, I need to talk to her". He looks up from his feet and into my eyes. "Are you sure George? I'm not sure if she's doing well or not, she hasn't contacted many people since Wilbur passed." He finishes, clearly worried towards me.

"I'm sure Clay, give me the number."

~ flashback over ~

That night I got her number. I texted her, explaining everything. I didn't think she was gonna reply at first, but surprisingly, after about ten minutes of waiting, she replied.

Messages:
<-*** *** ****_>

'Hello, I know you don't know who I am, but I would like to talk to you. My name is George, my father is Mark Davidson, please don't be disturbed by this fact, I despise him as well. I am dating Clay Blanc, the new leader of your ex mafia. I need to speak to you in person, about a... personal issue, let's say. Please get back to me ASAP. Thanks, George'

Hello George,I know you probably already know this, but my name is Sally, Sally Gold. I would love to talk to you George,I have some things I would like to discuss with you, mostly about your father. My address is <**** ***** **>. If you can, I would like to meet with you tomorrow if that's ok.

That would be great! See you tomorrow Sally

Okay George!

I look for her address through our text messages. Got it. I drive onto the road and start my journey. She lived a decent distance away from the manor, she must have moved after the death of Wilbur. I felt terrible, I just remembered she has a son. She has a fucking son. I know he's a lot younger than me, since I'm twenty four, he must be around thirteen. His dad must have died at about ten. Holy shit.

Before I knew it, my thoughts had gone so far that I was already near the small town she now lived in. I drive towards the town, a sign showing the name. I read it 'The Town Of Mitchell' (I just searched up random town names don't judge lol)

I drive past a gas station and then towards uptown. This place is so much smaller, quieter, than I've ever been used to. I drive past the stores and take a turn, which will take me to some houses. Some buildings come into view, my mind is racing from excitement. I took another turn, onto the street Sally texted me last night. I slow my car down, making sure I don't miss the house. 396, 398, 400, 402, I see it. House 404.

I take a few breaths before opening the car door. I walk around the car and look towards the house. I observe it carefully, it looks like it only has two floors, a basement and main floor. It has red brick, windows scattered around the sides , but on the right side of the front, it has one big window. The door is painted grey, as well as the garage door on the left side of the house.

I walk towards the front steps and step up to the door. I take a deep breath. I knock on the door.

The door opens revealing a woman standing at the door.

"Hello George, come on in!"

I walk in the door, Sally helping me take my jacket off. She sets it on a banister and leads me to the kitchen. "Would you like anything to drink George?" She asks me politely. "I can just have water if that's fine." She nods and gets me a glass from the cupboard. She fills up the glass and hands it to me before taking me to the living room. She sits on a chair and gestures for me to take a seat.

I sit myself down on the couch and observe the woman in front of me. She had ginger- salmon hair, it actually looked quite good with her skin tone. She was wearing a white button up blouse, along with a long forest green skirt. She had beautiful dark turquoise eyes and a nice face shape. She was very pretty.

"So George, what did you want to talk about?"

————————————————————————
999 words