Part 11

I noticed Tom coming home at dinner time and may have brought over earlier some lasagne for him to eat. Since I felt bad for him to have worked all day with basically no warning. While I spent the day in my painting clothes starting up the next artwork, which I'd gotten a fare bit done. My phone went off and Tom had sent me a message thanking me for the home-cooked meal. Smiling to myself while doing the dishes I started singing to pass the time.
I do have a dishwasher but with only me living here, it's kinda pointless with the little amount of dishes I make. Thinking of heading to bed earlier today from the late night before I had a quick shower and came out in only a towel to grab some underwear and put on the shirt I took from tom.

"(y/n)." I jumped letting out a squeak when hearing Tom by the door.

"Tom clear your throat next time." I breathed putting a hand to my chest. Tom snickered to himself.

"Sorry love. I just wanted to thank you for dinner. It was delicious." Smiling at him I bit my lip moving my blow-dried hair away from my face.

"That's alright I thought you might want something coming home from work." Tom came closer his hands reaching to my hips to kiss me.

"You feeling any better?" he asked and I nodded.

"Quite a lot but I thought a good nights rest would help." Tom kissed my forehead rocking us back and forward.

"That's wonderful to hear darling, would it be alright if I spend the night." I tilted my head to the side frowning a little.

"That depends, can you control yourself?" Tom chuckled until I dropped the towel I wore to which he sucked in a breath.

"I think I can manage. that is if you put some clothes on." Grinning ear to ear I smiled up at him while grabbing the shirt I had out. Buttoning it up tom took off his blazer and trousers.

"Enough joking about, is everything ok tom? We were meeting up tomorrow not that I don't love having you here but did something happen today at work?" I questioned while moving under the covers of my bed. Tom rubbed the back of his neck glancing over to me in just his Briefs. Maybe I can't control myself.

"No nothing happened. My life is full of interviews and long workdays, I enjoy what I do but it's been a long time since I could come home to a home-cooked meal and someone not a part of that world to talk about it with." It's was so sweet, as the two of us sat leaning against the bedrest I went closer to tom leaning my head to his bare shoulder.

"I'm happy to be the one normal thing in your life. So tell me, what happened today." Tom smiled interlocking our hands under the covers as he talked about the interviews he had.

------

I woke up early the next day. Wanting to stay by Tom I tried sleeping a little longer but couldn't fall asleep. So I decided not to wake up Tom knowing the long day he had yesterday and made myself a cup of tea before heading up to my study to paint. I got to watch the sunrise and not long after there was a soft knock on the door.

"You alright darling?" Tom husked out still waking up, he hadn't even put on a shirt so he must have been cold and here I was with a blanket on my shoulders.

"Couldn't sleep. So I thought painting would wake me up." Tom came over staring at the incomplete work.

"It's wonderful darling. Can't wait to see it finished. Did you want me to make some breakfast?" He asked hand wrapped around my shoulders.

"I can't ask you to do that." I breathed going to stand up but Tom stopped me.

"You made me dinner. It's only fair. Now you keep working." Sighing in defeat Tom kissed me for a moment before disappearing down the stairs. Managing to paint for another twenty minutes Tom called me downstairs and he had made French Toast.

"Aren't you cold Tom?" I asked when seeing him in only the pants he wore the night before. Tom looked down at his nonexistent shirt.

"I'm alright unless you find it distracting..." He trailed off and I picked up a blueberry eating it.

"I do find it distracting as I'm sure you would if I walked around without a shirt on," Tom smirked placing a strawberry on my lips which I gladly ate. "Mmm good and you made tea." Tom smiled sliding the plates to the other side of the counter.

"I aim to please," Tom said pulling me into a side hug.

"And you are doing a marvellous job." I smiled kissing his neck.

" was that a...." I put a blueberry into Tom's mouth.

"Maybe, but let's have breakfast." sitting down we ate together in a comforting silence. It was so good. Humming at the taste I noticed tom glancing over at me with a smile on his face. "Ok now that was delicious, but I think it's time for a shower." I breathed out putting the plates in the sink. "Did you want to join me?" I spoke leaning over the counter and Tom took hold of my hands kissing me.

"I need to feed Bobby but I'll be back for that shower." Biting my lip I nodded and he kissed me once more before he left to feed Bobby and I went up to the bathroom excited. Shimmering out of the clothes I wore I giggled hopping into the shower.