Part 3

After a minor freak out I sat in the living room trying not to call anyone. I signed a contract I can't go blabbing to Franswa and Dave. Going back outside to finish what I started I stayed on the other side of the garden, I could hear Toms dog by the gate sniffing and trying to get through but ignored it.

Putting some music on to calm me I hummed softly to myself working on the vegetable garden I poured in more soil Bobby yelped on the gate and I sighed leaning over and just being able to see Bobby through the gap in the gate.

"I can't open the gate buddy I'm sorry." scratching the top of his head with a finger Bobby whined a little more.  Pouting to myself I managed to finish in three hours with an exhausted sigh I put away the tools into the small shed in the corner of the yard. Bobby barked when hearing me go inside. Sighing while going to the shower I had a long shower to remove the dirt and sweat from my body. Relaxing once again in a nicer outfit I just managed to turn on the tv when the mailman came with a parcel. My phone buzzed, Franswa texted asking if we could go out next week for dinner. I smiled about to text back.

'As everything is escalating at an alarming rate we have decided that from tomorrow midnight London for the time being will be in lockdown. Masks must be worn at all times going out....' I stared at the TV, a lockdown. I knew COVID was getting worse, this lockdown is going to be crazy. Shopping. Shit. Aren't I thankful to the heaven I've done all my shopping yesterday. My agent was sending over a truck tomorrow to deliver the painting is made. Which should be fine to keep doing in lockdown if we're distant.

"This is going to be intense."

....

There was a knock on my front door and I had just brought down the last painting from my 'office' which I mostly paint in other than the half wall that has my monitor and computer.

"Hey (y/n) the boys are ready to get moving," Sam said as she stepped aside to let them walk in. I slipped on a mask as they got moving. Sam was just shy of 56 and is the best agent I've ever had, she was going through the next set of client's.
"So we'll be doing zoom meetings every week on a Monday, I'll send you a list of the clients but for now just stay safe," Sam said as the truck started up and she left to follow. I took off my mask waving goodbye to her. That's when I saw Tom walking towards me with Bobby. It looked like he just came back from a run.

"Good morning (y/n)." He smiled and I bit my lip.

"Good morning. It's a nice day for a run." I glanced up to the sky and he did too for a moment.

"It is, I didn't know you collected artwork." Being confused for a moment I rubbed the back of my neck.

"Oh uh no I'm a painter, that was my agent going off with my team to give clients their pieces." He was shocked for a moment gaping at me.

"Well, they were beautiful, Bobby." Tom warned when his dog hopped up on the short gate and I smiled scratching his forehead.

"Hey there buddy." I smiled.

"He really likes you. The other day he was whining by the gate, you wouldn't be hanging bacon by the fence would you?" I laughed shaking my head and smiled widely.

"No, I'm just an animal whisperer. Isn't that right Bobby." Cooing at him I scratched under his chin now. A honk of a car horn made both of us look over.

"We don't have all day Ace!" Frances shouted from his car and Dave poked his head out. I giggled.

"Just give me a minute." I called back and they parked the car.

"Ace?" Tom questioned and I sighed.

"My brother thinks I'm talented at all things creative hence the nickname ace. Sorry I've got to run. It was nice talking with you. Have a nice day Tom." going back into the house to grab my keys and wallet I quickly left for the jog the three of us were going on. The pair got an extra hour off in the morning before lockdown to catch up. The moment I hopped into the car questions were asked.

"Ok, who was the smoking hot man you were talking to?" Franswa asked and Dave spun around in his seat.

"We couldn't fully see his face with the cap but that jawline and ass. Ooooo." Shaking my head I clicked my tongue looking out the window.

"He's my neighbour, Tom." They ooooed again making my eyes roll with a smile on my face.

"Is he married, girlfriend?" Franswa quickly said and I sighed thinking about the google search I did earlier in the week.

"He's not married and from what I know doesn't have a girlfriend. Guys we're going into lockdown I'm not going to chase a dream." They looked at one another.

"You're right he is a dream." Franswa swooned and that only made Dave chuckle.

"A hot sexy dream that looks 35,36 ready for the taking for you, a single 33 year old artist." I kicked Daves chair and he laughed.

"You do both remember you two are married, four years strong." Franswa parked the car near his office which we would jog around until I needed to get home.

"Yes I do, we're just trying to get you to get in the game again." going a little faster the pair dropped the conversation for the rest of the jog. Until we got to the halfway point. I'd be jogging back to my place while they went to work. Franswa stopped me before I could go.

"Hey, Ace we're sorry for pushing this. I'm just worried, after what happened with mum and dad. Jason. We don't want you to feel alone." Sighing I let out a deep breath as my heart slowed down.

"I know France, but I've got the two of you and friends from college. I'm not alone." He smiled, after a short sweaty hug, I went on jogging for the next half an hour back to my house.