3~

After talking until sunset about little things I learned why he looked so familiar. He was in the same business as my sister. We had never spoken face to face until earlier.

Shuffling noises behind me made me quickly turn around. It was only my sister huffing trying to suck in breaths.

"Where have you been all day?" She tried to yell in between her gasps, but it only came out in a hoarse whisper.

"Talking. Why?"

She slowly straightened her stance and crossed her arms. She stared at me with a fiery gaze and it only made me scoff. She always liked to think that she scared me.

"I told you this morning there was a dead body. Therefore a funeral will be happening soon. Does that not click in your small brain?" She teased and I payed her no glances.

"I guess not, what does that have to do with me? I don't work for the funeral parlor."

She walked closer to me and wrapped her arm around my shoulders.

"But... you do live in it. Not to mention yours truly works there and allows you to be there without rent." She gave me a sinister grin. She knew that she was winning.

"Hmm ah I actually forgot to tell you I'll be busy the next couple days." Lies.

"With what?" Her gaze seemed to study mine for any type of hint as if I was lying.

"Ask one of your consultants. He asked me to help him with a job and since I have nothing better to do I agreed." Her eyes widened as I rambled.

"Your not serious... the only consultant the funeral parlor has is zhongli." She sighed and rolled her eyes.

"Why did you get involved with him of all people?" She questioned. She tapped her chin with her index finger and then smiled.

"I guess that is better than you getting involved with Childe." She muttered in a barely audible voice.

I pretended not to hear her, but who was childe? I had lived in Liyue all of my life so how did she know him? Oh well if she says not to get involved with him then I'll listen. After all it is hu tao I'm talking about.

/-/-/-/-/-/

I yawned as I crawled into my bed. The cool sheets sent a slight shiver down my body. I closed my eyes and my breathing slowed as I drifted into a deep sleep.

"Die!"

"I hate the damn pyro archon!"

"Burn in the flames you cast from hell!"

My breaths were uneven and quick as I walked through the paths of celestia. The other archons hated me and the adepti despised me. That's why they cursed at me.

My long dress ruffled across the ground. It was once a beautiful and elegant gown. Now it's torn and stained.

I walked up to the gates of where celestia begins. If I was to fall all the way to liyue would I die? Could I a casted out archon find peace?

I wasn't always hated. All the other pyro archons before me were respected and feared, but they hate me because I have different views. Because I hate humans. Why should I protect people who kill? Who cheat? Who steal? They wrong each other and then pray for forgiveness. They bloody their own hands and then ask for redemption.

"Is it really so hard to open your heart Murata?" A deep voice echoed behind me, but I need not see him to know it was Morax.

"No it's not hard. It is impossible. All the other pyro archons before me were complete idiots. That's why my teacher died. The last archon."

He let out a small sigh and walked up beside me. I tried not to look at him but found myself staring out of the corner of my eye.

"He died with honor. He protected the humans he so greatly loved. Is that not a worthy death for an archon?"

I gripped onto the silver gate. My knuckles turning white.

"I see it's true about a pyro archons anger." He muttered and I snapped my head towards him. My hands started to grow hotter. Fire begging to be released, but when my eyes met his deep brown ones and his hand patted my head all of my anger faded.

His horns and tail were beautiful. His eyes held such kindness. I could never hate him. Never. I loved him and he knew it. That's why he did these things. For leverage.

I grabbed onto his wrist and removed his hand from my head. I squeezed with all of my strength, but he didn't move an inch.

"Next time don't flatter me with your pity and just let me die." I let go of his wrist and quickly walked away.