5~

"Zhongli!" I call as I push passed a group of people.

He slowly comes to a stop and turns to look down at me.

I was a panting mess and quickly regained my composure.

"Yes?" He questioned as he crossed his arms, which I only just noticed were quite slender.

"Oh um well I kind of told my sister that I would be helping you out with stuff. I figured I might as well be seen with you to make it believable." I scratched the back of my neck while he nodded.

He held out his hand and I stared at it dumbfounded.

"Trust me Y/n."

His hand engulfed mine as he started to lead me down the road.

I had to walk fast to keep up with his long strides. He was really tall compared to myself. I let out a sigh as I realized it was quite inconvenient.

"We're here."  His deep voice made me shiver.

I looked around and I noticed where we were. It was a Lilly pond. I used to come here all the time as a kid. I wonder if he somehow knew that?

I feel a small tug at my hand and gasp when I see that I was still holding his hand.

I let go of his hand, but he gives mine a small squeeze. I look up at him and a smile rested on his face.

"I usually despise people touching me, but you seem to be the exception Y/n. I don't find myself wanting to let go." A small breeze made his hair shuffle as he spoke.

His words may have been meaningless to him or maybe he didn't know the impact they would have on me, but my heart was pounding in my chest. It felt confined by my ribs. My face must've been flushed because his other hand felt my forehead.

"Do you have a fever?" He asked in a concerned tone.

I quickly backed away and all physical contact we had was gone.

"I- I'm fine thank you."

————————

"Are you sure you are fine?" He questioned as we walked back towards home.

"Yes I'm fine thank you really." I said between huffs of air. My whole body was burning. Maybe I did have a fever. Great.

Suddenly I was in the air. He was carrying me in his toned arms. I let out a gasp and hid my face in his shoulder so he wouldn't see how flushed I was.

"Do you feel better now?"

"Put me down. I'm fine." His chest was hard against my body. I seemed so small. Everything seemed so small now. What ever problems I was facing seemed smaller. He made me feel safe.

I slowly looked into his eyes and he looked at me. He really looked at me. I felt as if he saw me for who I truly was.

A sudden pain erupted in my head and I let out a scream. Tears dripped down my cheeks as his hand found my face. He cupped my cheek and his lips moved but I couldn't make out the words he was saying.

Suddenly everything faded away.

I stood in a dark empty abyss. Nothing. There was nothing around me. Except the back of a woman standing a few meters away.

She had h/c hair just like my own. She turned hastily and looked at me with such disgust. She looked just like me, but she was horrifying.

She had the eyes of someone who could kill and I knew that she was me.

"You're so fucking useless. You can't even remember anything. You're vision is weak. You used to be one of the strongest. Now look at you." She said with such venom.

I studied her quickly before I replied. Her left  eye was missing the only thing remaining was a gaping black hole with blood slowly pouring from it. She had horns and wings which were both pure black. She had claws and fangs. Even though she terrified me I could still tell she was beautiful.

"It's clear that you're me. I just don't know how or why you look so different."

"It's clear isn't it? This isn't your first life. All will be revealed with time. You can't remember everything at once that would put your life in danger. Just remember this name." She paused and walked over to me.

She dug her claws into my neck and I winced. She carved each letter into my skin as she spoke slowly.

"Murata."