6~

I gasped when I woke up from the horrible nightmare. I must've stayed up too late or maybe the archons were telling me something through this confusing dream?

A large hand found my forehead yet again and I studied my surroundings.

I was in a soft bed and Zhongli was sitting beside me in a chair. His legs were crossed and his arm was still extended.

I looked up into his soft eyes and convinced myself that the dream meant nothing. Why worry about something my consciousness made up to entertain me while I rested?

If I needed to worry about anything it would be that Zhongli and I are in a room alone and my clothes are changed.

He must've noticed what I was thinking because he quickly spoke up.

"The maids changed you into something more comfortable." He coughed and tried to hide his slightly blushed face.

"I'm sorry to of troubled you so much." I mumbled and his eyes widened.

"You didn't trouble me at all. It was quite enjoyable to see you more relaxed. You always seem to be on edge." He slowly stood up and laid his hand on top of my head.

He patted it and I swatted his hand away.

"You treat me too much like I'm a kid." I scoffed.

"You're nothing of the sort."

——

After he left I quickly got dressed and ran down the stairs of the inn. I went to go out the doors when a lady yelled at me.

"Aren't you going to pay for the room missy?"

I rolled my eyes and walked up to the front desk. Of course he didn't pay. Zhongli had debts everywhere in Liyue. It was widely known that if you needed something from him that he'd do just about anything for a bit of mora.

"Here." I slammed the coins on the table and ran out the doors. The cool wind tugged at my clothes.

I should probably apologize to Childe when I get the time. It was quite rude to just up and leave him. After all if nothing he fed me good food.

I started to head towards the funeral parlor when I bumped into something small.

"Ow." A soft voice spoke. I looked down and quickly patted the young girls head.

"I'm sorry qiqi. Where are you heading to?" I questioned her.

She blinked a couple times and then pointed towards the pharmacy.

"Oh okay well I'll see you later then. Goodbye." I smiled and waved at her and she just nodded.

What a strange young girl. Although she is adorable.

I walked down the main stone path and eventually ended up infront of the funeral parlor. I could hear yelling and immediately knew hu tao had done something again.

"You can't just ask people to hurry up and die for your business!" A young woman was yelling at my sister when I entered.

Hu Taos eyes lit up when she saw me and ran over behind me.

"If you have any problems then talk to my lawyer." She prodded my back and I nodded half heartedly.

"My client won't be speaking to you anymore." I mumbled with disinterest.

The woman scoffed and stomped out of the building. I turned and looked at hu tao.

"You have impeccable timing darling sister." She giggled and I sighed.

"You can't keep angering the towns people. You'll end up losing all of your business." I scolded and she shrugged her shoulders.

"It's not like they have other places to go. We are the only funeral parlor around." She fiddled with her rings as she spoke.

"Oh! I heard you and Mr.Zhongli got a room together!" She giggled and my face flushed.

"No it's not like that! I mean sure he's nice looking and he's well nice, but we didn't do anything I just felt sick!" She smirked while I rambled.

"I know I was just playing with you."

"How did you know though? About the room." I questioned and she put a finger to her lips.

"Shh the ghosts tell me everything. How else am I supposed to know who's close to dying?"

I nodded since it made sense. It was always weird how she could see and talk to ghosts but I couldn't.

"Oh and speaking of ghosts they talk about a young man heading to Liyue. They say he's handsome, but that he whispers to himself while he walks. If the rumors are true I believe that he's an adeptus." She paused and smirked again.