13~

I stiffen a yawn as snuggle into my warm silky covers. My soft bed that feels so good makes me not want to get up.

Until a thought hits me.

My bed is not soft. Nor is it silky. Never has it been comfortable. I have no idea who's bed I'm in.

I am suddenly throwing myself off the bed and onto the hard wooden floor. My eyes widen when I see my own reflection staring back at me from the polished wood. Whoever's room I was in they were surely not tight with their mora.

I struggle to stand up and I grab the bed for support. Surely I hadn't done anything? Surely I didn't go to some strangers house. Although that would be better then the alternative. Being in someone's house that I knew and my legs being stiff.

I finally get enough strength to walk into the bathroom connected with the enormous room. Looking in the mirror I take notice of my eye bags and knots in my hair. My shirt is different. Which I am just now realizing.

I let out a breath in my hand and gag at the alcoholic smell that hits me.

A knock on the door to the room makes me tense and trip over myself trying to find somewhere to hide. My eyes scan the surroundings and I settle on the tub being the most reasonable. Quickly I climb into the deep marble and lay down, hoping whoever it is won't be able to see me.

Footsteps tap throughout the room and suddenly they stop. Closer then I had hoped.

A chuckle erupts and I bite my lip.

"Did you honestly think hiding in there would keep me from smelling you?" He sighs. "I knew I should've told the maids to bathe you last night."

I peek over the edge of the tub and my eyes lay on Childe standing in nothing but his pants while he leans against the door frame. My eyes linger on his abdomen longer than I'd admit.

"Did we."

He laughs at me before I can finish.

"Holy Archons no. Don't flatter yourself. Just because you kissed me doesn't mean I want you."

My knuckles pale at me clutching the edge of the bath. How dare he-

I stand and point past him.

"Leave."

His eyebrows raise.

"I'm going to take a bath. Then you will feed me. And after that you will inform me on all of last nights events. That's how this is going to go."

He doesn't move.

"Childe."

"Fine I'm leaving. A thanks would be nice."

I stand and say nothing.

He finally turns and shrugs his shoulders. Not in defeat but in more of a "I'm too good to argue with you" type of way.

-/-/-

The bath is warm and washes off all of the dirt and throw up that had found it's self onto me.

How did I get involved with Childe again? I don't even remember drinking. Or going to a tavern. I'm starting to get suspicious about how every time it's convenient he's somehow there to save the day.