17~

The warmth of the sun covers me like a blanket. The birds sing and the smell of flowers fill my nostrils. My fingers find their way to my eyepatch. They toy with the string holding it in place as I take in the beauty of the sun rising over the horizon.

It's been a month since Xiao brought me to this place. Ganyu has taught me much about the humans. Although I feel as if she too fears them in a way.

Sometimes I feel like I owe Hu Tao some type of explanation. I wouldn't apologize by any means. But she did bear my presence when I assumed I was a normal mortal.

Those memories no matter how hard I try won't go away.

I sigh as my fingers fall and find their place in the soft grass. I've been trying to train. To get stronger. Although Y/n was already proficient with a spear, Murata used her flames and her claws to tear apart her enemies. With the mix of these memories my body doesn't want to listen when I pick up the spear anymore.

I can wield it, yes. But I cannot defend myself with it anymore.

But my flames. This vision. It still glows. It hasn't gone away like I expected it to. But I suppose the archon who granted it to me must've already known my identity. Gods they love to play with mortals. It's their only form of entertainment I guess.

I haven't tried to call upon my vision since I've recalled my past. Not because I regret anything I've done. Hell I did what I had to.

I'm scared.

I am not scared. Shut the hell up.

I slap my hand over my head. It rings throughout my cranium.

"By Rex Lapis! Stop hurting yourself Y/N!"

There's that ever so annoying voice. But the pain seems to leave every time she is near. If I was a normal human I might even have called her my friend.

I'm allowed no such luxuries.

"I'm fine Ganyu. Just lost in my own thoughts." I turn to look at her and a soft, sad sort of smile plagues her face.

"I have a surprise for you. I think it'll help with your flames." She says as she reaches out her hand.

"I will admit my interest is piqued." I say after taking her hand in my own.

She leads me through multiple trails. Weaving me in between trees and large boulders.

She stops in-front of a water fall.

"How is this going to help? It's water." She brought me to a place the complete opposite of what I needed. My new flames in this body would be put out as soon as they left my finger tips.

"I thought that maybe if you accepted your past as a part of you then maybe you could spark something." She pauses for a moment to chew on her cheek. "You said it yourself your new flames are different from your ones you had as an archon."

Damnit. I regret telling her my story.

I let out a sigh and lower myself to the ground. "If you think that this will help then I will try it. Despite my better thinking, I do trust your judgment."

She jumps up and down happily and I feel my muscle beside my mouth twitch. I like that I get to see this side of her. She was so stiff the first few weeks I was here.

"Okay I will leave you alone then. Do a bird call if you need me." She giggles and I roll my eyes.

"I will not do such an embarrassing thing."

She just smiles and waves as she walks away.

I cross my legs and close my eyes. Listening to the rush of the water. I see darkness. The waterfall sounds like-