7~

Sorry it's a short chapter I promise to start writing longer ones!

It would've been nice if she had given me some sort of description of this adeptus.

I walked hastily towards the east bridge. If he was already there then I didn't want to miss him. Now that I think about it what am I even supposed to say?

'Hi I need you to promise to let my sister bury you when you die?' That sounds horrible. I didn't think adeptis even aged. Surely they aren't immortal?

I looked up and saw a small man starting down at the waters from the bridge. His attire and spear that occupied his back made him hard to miss. This must be the adeptus right?

I walked up beside him and looked down at the water. He stiffened slightly, but didn't move away.

"My names-" I went to introduce myself, but he held up his hand slightly.

"I don't wish to know. It would only be troublesome for me to become acquainted with you." His face was hidden by the shadows casted from his hair.

I bit my lip out of annoyance. 

"Y/n. That's my name whether you want to know it or not." His grip tightened on the bridges railing.

"I didn't want to become friends with another person." He sighed before continuing. "But I can see you won't leave me alone."

He turned and looked at me. His eyes reminded me of Zhonglis. Dull and lifeless. Except this mans eyes were filled with hatred.

"You can refer to me as Xiao."

I smiled and he stiffened again.

"So what business do you have in Liyue Harbor     Xiao?" I questioned as he turned and looked down at the water once more.

"I've come to see an old friend if you can call him that."

"Does he have a name?" I asked.

He seemed reluctant to answer, but he did after a few moments had passed.

"Zhongli I think is what he's going by."

I chuckled and grabbed Xiaos hand softly. He tensed again and I wondered if he had ever relaxed in his whole life.

"I'll take you to him."