12~

/ A bit short /

His cheeks burned a slight reddish tint. Then he coughed into his hand and stood up.

"I hadn't anticipated that you'd actually do it." He mutters.

I let out a small laugh and a sarcastic sigh. "Do you always plan everything out like a battle?"

His straight face made me realize he did in fact plot every single decision and considered the factors of that decision. Just what was in his past? Why did my sister warn me about him?

"Sorry I shouldn't of said that." I apologize quickly thinking that maybe he was forced to fight for what he has now.

"It's nothing I don't plot out my moves or however you want to word it. I just like to know how to react to certain things. It's easier this way." He grabbed my hand and plotted a kiss on it.

"You look beautiful."

"Don't do that. Don't make me like you, I don't want to." I say and pull my hand back. He made me nervous and I was just realizing it wasn't in a good way. This wasn't butterflies I was feeling in my stomach. It was an uneasiness.

Something flashed behind his eyes when I pulled my hand. Something that was there for only an instant. And it terrified me.

"Let's go take a walk." He paused and his eyes darted behind me for a moment. "Please Y/n." He begged.

My stomach dropped when I turned and saw Zhongli. His eyebrows were furrowed and he looked pissed, but his hair was fixed neatly. His usual suit replaced with a more darker one.

A hand grabbed my wrist harshly.

I winced and turned around to stare at Childe.

"Please Y/n why won't you just stay with me? Why choose him when you barely know him?"

"As if I know anything more about you. I had fun Childe but I need to talk to Zhongli." I rip my wrist from his grip.

I didn't want to hurt him. In all honesty I cared for him.

I grab his face and look into his eyes. All too aware that Zhongli is burning holes into my back, staring at us.

"I'm sorry Childe. We can talk later, yeah?" He smirks at my words and grabs my hand planting a kiss on the inside of the palm.

My face burns and I let out a breath and say nothing as I turn walking towards Zhongli.

"That was an interesting performance. Did you enjoy yourself?" His smooth voice prods at me.

"Screw off. What do you want?" I hated how he made me want to cry and sob into his chest while I'd tell him the nightmares I've been having. But he'd think I was insane, having those weird dreams that involve him.

"Such a vulgar mouth. I want to talk about what happened." He said while crossing his arms.

A pause.

"Was it something I may have done?"

I bite my lip and look up at him. It would be so easy to tell him what's bothering me and why I haven't been able to sleep. But it would be hard to see the look on his face and how he would react.

"In all honesty I felt sick." I lie.

"Do you trust me?" He questions.

I immediately go to lie and reassure him that I do trust him, but the words I wanted to say don't come out. They are replaced with different ones.

"Of course not." I gasp and put my hands over my mouth. Before I grab his tie and pull him to my eye level.

"What the hell did you do to me?" I hiss, clutching the tie in my hand.

"I did nothing. It's a contract. And now I know." His eyes light up and he hugs me. I stiffen. What is he taking about?

Maybe my dreams aren't as crazy as the person they're about.

"What do you know? What contract?" I question hastily.

"I think you already know too, but I won't rush it        Y/n, we have all the time in Teyvat." He stiffens a short bow and walks off.

And now I am utterly alone.

Alone with thoughts that maybe my dreams aren't just dreams. Maybe Childe is more than he seems. Maybe he does care for me in a suspicious way. Or maybe Zhongli is not what he appears.

He is definitely not just a broke consultant that talks funny. I run my fingers through my hair and sigh. I am done thinking for today.