Chapter 4

^^^^ what happens later in the chapter so if I don't explain it very well you guys can watch it

Violets POV
*still during dinner*

"Do they still have your shield Steve?" Clint asked

Steve nods and looks down

"And my wings" Sam said rolling his eyes

*later that night*

I was getting ready to go to bed when I accidentally bumped into Steve on my way out of the bathroom

"Oh sorry Steve"

"Hey Vi can I talk to you for a second outside?"

"Umm sure"

We walked outside and sat on the steps of the porch

"What's up?"

"Well, I wanted to talk to you about Bucky."

"Go on..."

"I'm happy for you both really, but I think you should just be careful. You've both been through a lot and I don't want you to get hurt."

"Bucky won't hurt me Steve" I say placing my hand on top of his

"I know I know but, just be careful okay? You guys aren't the same as before, being with hydra changed you both. You're still getting your memories back and I don't want you to just step into something you think the old Violet would want just because it's the only thing that feels normal. You are both different now, I'm just saying maybe the new Bucky isn't the best guy for you right now. I think you should just wait until you are both stable enough for a relationship."

"Steve, I understand where you're coming from but I'm happy. I know I might not be the same as before, but I know Bucky would never intentionally hurt me. Bucky has changed and I see that I'm not blind, I just think I should at least give us a chance. If I get hurt it's on me, not you. And you should know more than anyone especially with what's coming, I can't wait. I have to do this now before it's too late and you told Bucky to go for it, what changed in the past 10 minutes?"

"Yeah but I didn't think about what could happen if something goes wrong. You both have a temper and I just don't want you getting hurt Vi, you're my little sister and I'll always look out for you"

"I know Steve and I love you for that but I'm a big girl now. I can make decisions on my own, everyone has issues but I love him Steve, I can't just ignore that and go on with my life."

He wraps his arm around me and pulls me close then sighs.

"I know Vi. Just take it slow, don't feel like you have to rush anything."

We sit there for a few minutes until we both decide to go to sleep

I lay down on the couch thinking of what Steve said

Have I really changed that much? Am I rushing this?

I pushed the thoughts out of my head and tried to get some sleep

*dream*

"No please don't do this!" I yelled as I pulled on the restraints

The doctor looked at me with an evil smirk

"Your work will change the world for the better" the doctor says as he injects me with a blue liquid

I feel it running through my veins, making my blood feel like it's been turned into acid.

I thrashed around and screamed in agony. This is the worst pain I've ever felt.

"For such a fragile young woman you're handling this fairly well. I think you're ready for phase three. Take her to the vault!" the doctor said as he turned around and gave the guards their orders