Chapter 5

Violets POV

We were now joined by Tony who surprised us with new information. Bucky was now in the clear and Zemo is a wanted man.

We carefully reached the room where Zemo and the soldiers were

"I got heat signatures" Tony says

"How many?"

"Uhh one" he says surprised

I look at Bucky with a confused expression which he returns. Why would there only be one?

We walk into a dark room and the lights come on, in what looks like multiple glass tubes that had one person in each.

We walk further into the room when we hear a voice that I instantly recognize. Zemo.

"If it's any comfort, they died in their sleep. I'm grateful for them though, they brought you here." As soon as Zemo finishes talking a little window lights up and we see him looking at us

Steve throws his shield but it bounces off.

"Please Captain, the Soviets built this chamber to withstand the launch blast of UR-100 rockets."

"I'm betting I can beat that" Tony says

"Oh, I'm sure you could, Mr. Stark, given time. I'm sure Violet could as well. But then you'd never know why you came."

"You killed innocent people in Vienna just to bring us here?" Steve says walking closer to where Zemo was

"I've thought about nothing else for over a year. I've studied you, I followed you. But now that you're standing here, I just realized there's a bit of green in the blue of your eyes. How nice to find a flaw"

"You're Sokovian, is that what this is about?"

"Sokovia was a failed state long before you blew it to hell. No, I'm here because I made a promise."

"You lost someone"

"I lost everyone. And so will you"

Zemo pushes a button and a small computer turns on with a video.

"An empire toppled by its enemies can rise again. But one that crumbles from within? That's dead. Forever"

We walk over to the computer and I see Bucky put his gun down a little, I look at him confused but he just looks down then back at the computer.

"I know that road. What is this?" Tony said starting to breathe heavily

What is going on?

We see a car crash into a tree and a guy on a motorcycle stops behind the car. The guy on the motorcycle gets off and looks in the trunk of the car. The driver of the car, an old man, gets out and crawled away from the car and the guy from the motorcycle grabs him by the hair.

"Sergeant Barnes" the old man says

Then it hits me, that's the winter soldier. That's Bucky.

"Howard!" The passenger yells

Tony looks at Bucky in shock and Bucky looks at him with guilt in his eyes. Does Tony know these people?

We see the winter soldier punch the old man multiple times with his metal arm, he then puts the old man back into the driver's seat making it look like he died in the crash.

I try to think of who these people could be and why Tony looks like he's about to cry.

"Oh my god" I say as I realize Howard, as in Howard Stark. Tony's father, which makes the passenger his mother.