06 | ILLICIT AFFAIR

It's the chess class after the Zither class, while Lucas and Leo practice, Jennie reads a book in the master table

It's the chess class after the Zither class, while Lucas and Leo practice, Jennie reads a book in the master table. Master Yu - the royal chess teacher leaves the today practice class for Jennie since she was granted to become the honored chess tutor assisting the Master Yu a few days ago - she's beyond  excellent at chess.

Lisa has been absent since yesterday, she was out of the palace to join a spring ball in the General Kang House. To be more precise, her Father asked her to. They say that the Emperor might want the Princess to marry Mino Kang - the youngest son of General Kang, and also the younger brother of Lady Kang. Of course, he would not force his beloved daughter so he lets the duo meet and get to know each other first. No one confirms it, yet the rumor has been all over the palace and they even said that the palace is going to celebrate two weddings at a time. That's also what Jennie overheard the other day morning, when she worked with the court lady of the Empress.

"I haven't met him yet" Said the prince Leo, drinking his tea after the practice. "But people say that he is a playboy."

"Do you find it strange?" Asked the prince Lucas.

"What?" Prince Leo looks around the room, everything is going on just like usual, Jennie reading book, Mark and Jackson standing outside. "...Lisa isn't here. Uh hum, it's pretty strange without her, but peaceful. You don't get used to this kind of peace, huh?"

"No. I'm totally fine with it. But it's other person who isn't get used to it?" Prince Lucas averts his eyes to Jennie.

"What's strange about her?" Princess Leo whispers as he follows his gaze.

"The content of the page she reads must be really interesting." He averts his eyes to his brother as lowering his voice. "I notice that she has been staring at that page for more than don't-know-how-many minutes. I assume that she hasn't turned the page since we practiced. It must be stunningly interesting or extremely challenging."

"She didn't pay attention to us, either?" Prince Leo slightly pouts while Prince Lucas shakes his head in reply. "Jennie has been losing her concentration since the Zither class. The Master had to notice her twice during the practice."

"Yeah. You're right. I notice that too. What's wrong with her?"

"I'm not sure." Lucas taps his fingers on the wooden table, thinking for a while before he continues "Let's check if I was right." Leo nods and Lucas clears his throat in silent before he raises his voice. "Lisa~ah. You're back."

Jennie's gaze almost immediately turns from the book to the door, badly, she doesn't find said girl there, her eyes darken but then quickly put back at the page, not even glancing once at the princes.

"It seems like you two are over-free and need more practice." She closes the book and places it back to the table, her face stays as cold as usual. "As you wish, practice with me. The one who lose has to practice for 2 more hours."