01 | THE PALACE

_________

A SWEET BAD DARK ROMANCE

_________

12 YEARS AGO

12 YEARS AGO

It was autumn, a beautiful morning when the sun kissed the trees, leaving the sparkling silverly heavy dews on their leaves. Inside the palace, the garden was filled up with the smell of newly-cut grass, mixed with the smell of fragrant flowers.

"Princess, Miss Jennie is here to see you." said the maidservant.

The little princess rushed out of her room to see the girl.

"Jennie!" She shouted while running, a big smile reaching her big blue eyes was plastered on her face, then she suddenly jumped-hugged the girl. Jennie laughed and hugged her back then she secretly breathed in the sweet scent of the little girl as her nose was buried in the crook of her neck as she was a little shorter than the princess though she was the older.

"It has been a month! Where have you been?" The princess asked when she pulled out a little from the embrace.

"My father was sick. He couldn't make it here for a month. But he is better now."

"Good to hear that. I missed you. Very much. I even dreamed of you the other day then I woke and cried so hard." The princess said with a small pout while Jennie was surprised. "Really?"

"Yes." She pulled Jennie for another hug, a tighter one. "One day I will get out of here and come to see you whenever I want."

"But you are the princess, you can't leave the palace like that." Jennie chuckled, but still, she held the younger girl in her arms, a little tighter, feeling her heart sinking after her own statement.

"I'm serious!" The princess furrowed her little brows and hardened her voice while leaning back to look at the older. "I am 6 now. So... in the next..." she mumbled while counting with her little fingers. "...12 years, I will be 18. My mother told me it's when I can go out of the palace with my guards, and I will come to your house."

Jennie was caught off guard, she blinked a little before smiling and nodding. "Uhm. I will wait for you."

The younger laughed and jumped in delight then suddenly, she cupped Jennie's cheeks in her small palms and kissed her. It was a quick and light peck on the lips but it was enough to shock Jennie and the maidservants who were watching at them from afar.

"Yah! Don't do that! People are looking at us!" Jennie stole a glance at the maidservants. "If they tell your mother, we will be dead."

She giggled. "What's wrong with that? I like you so I kiss you. My mother always does that to me." Then she eyed the maidservants. "They wouldn't dare, I will punish them if they tell my mother about what we do."