10 | THE EPIPHANY

There are two types of things happen in our life

There are two types of things happen in our life. The first one is things you are unable to control. Like the rain on the day you decide to go out, the thought of others about everything including you, or the magnetic energy pull people together. The second one is things you are able to control, like your decision to bring an umbrella with you when you go out, the thought and the perception of yourself about the whole world, even about the way people think of you, and your decision of mind to engage with other people to specific levels for purpose of romance, benefit or power.

Every event in life, Jennie has always separated them to these two sectors. She has been so aware of what she cannot control and always focus on things she can. The reason for her to continuously learning and keep pushing herself up in higher and higher standard is that she doesn't want to feel defeated in any kind of situation. She has to train her mind, read for input of word choice and logical thinking, for broader view and more practical knowledge, observe to learn things other people who are better than her, observe to understand how people work around her, how this world move and change every day.

She cannot  make decision for others, but she can choose to whether she wants to face it, or runs away from it. Running away is easy, but that is when she announces in silence, she loses it. Running away might make her feel safe for now, but she knows that she won't do in the future, she might regret for not doing what should be done right now.

A straightforward and heart-to-heart talk with the head of the country, that's what she chose to face, that's what she thought she was able to control.

The first thing is about Jennie's losing the game when almost everybody thinks that she will win, what will Lisa think of her. Her sister or her betrayal. From the point of view of a country leader, he must understand the importance of faithfulness and loyalty - more than anyone. From the point of view of a Father, he must want her daughter to be surrounded with loyal and trusted friends.

The second thing is about Mino Kang himself. If he actually loses both of the game, will he deserve to be the husband of the Princess? Will his real talent deserve it? Will the Emperor feel safe to give his beloved daughter to the man? What if there is a better, much greater person who suits for her, waiting for her in the future? Lisa is like a ball of sunshine, bright, playful, astonishing and shining in her own way, she deserves the best.

Lastly, and strategically, wedding the Princess with a Kang might give the Kangs too much power. It's not politically good. If Mino Kang lose the game, it will affect the Kang's image, from the political view, it is a strategic move that the Emperor send a massage to the Kangs that they cannot do whatever they want, here, in your country.

The Emperor was smiling all the time he heard Jennie presented. He knew she made her mind about the game and there is no way that Jennie will announce defeated.

"I'll be so proud of Dennis." The Emperor said. "He will soon marry you. I'm sure that with your support, Dennis will be a great Emperor."

____