07 | THE INFATUATION

It's a ritual in the palace that when the spring comes, the Palace will celebrate it with a hunting party held in the Ginzan forest with the participation of the whole royal family and courtiers

It's a ritual in the palace that when the spring comes, the Palace will celebrate it with a hunting party held in the Ginzan forest with the participation of the whole royal family and courtiers. The said party starts in the early morning, after the announcement of 10 thousand taels of silver for those who win the contest. People start to separate, leaving the five of Lisa, Jennie, Lucas, Leo and Mino in the starting area.

"Princess Lisa, would you like to come with me? I will win this contest." Lucas hears Mino offering his sister as she replies in a nonchalant tone. "I don't really care. I'm not into hunting but prefer spending time in the nature." She then turns to Jennie. "Let's wandering around, Nini~ya! I know there is a waterfall and streams over there."

"I don't like hunting, either. I will go with you, too." Added the Prince Leo.

"Me too," Mino changes his mind. "I will protect you." He refers to the Princess. "It's dangerous to wander around during a hunting party."

Lucas witnesses Lisa slightly roll her eyes as she speaks up. "I have my guards. You should win this contest, shouldn't you?"

Mino has recently been rejected by his sister and Lucas knows the young noble man isn't contented with that.

"Alight... I will win it for you, my princess."

Lisa pays no attention to the young man, she keeps asking Jennie to share the Black Bird with her, while Lucas sees Mino's face get darken, finally ride the horse away without bidding a goodbye.

"Jennie isn't bad at horse riding. Why do they have to share a horse?" Leo asks as Jennie has already sat behind Lisa, and then he answers himself. "Maybe it's girl way, they like to share everything, even bathing together."

Lucas smirks knowingly: "It's first time I see Lisa let someone ride Black Bird."

"Yes!" Leo's eyes widen. "You're right. We asked her so many times before, but she always rejected us. Tskk this girl. I should ask her to ride Black Bird later and she should allow me to, since I have helped her feed him for several times."

"Fine. And let me know the result then." Lucas laughs. "Good luck." And then he disappears into the forest, and starts his own hunting section.

The forest in the spring owns a splendorous view. Flowers in full colors are blooming, new green layers cover the ground as the new grand trees spread their wide layers of green above. There are birds singing here and there while the sun is beaming through the leaves from the Eastern side.

Jennie leans her face on the younger's back. "You smell like vanilla." Lisa shoves her nose and tries to smell herself. "I smell of nothing."

"Now you smell like lavender." Jennie buries her nose in the hair of the Princess, her pointed nose tickles the skin of the younger. "...Honey... Lily... And newly-cut glass..."

"That's impossible." The princess crackles.

"... You smell like everything I love."

The Princess stops the horse and blinks. Her heart palpitates inside her ribcage. Jennie's grip tightens around her belly as the girl takes a deeper breaths. She badly wants to turn and look at Jennie's eyes.