14 | THE THIN LINE

Temporary military camps are rounded up in the pine forest, nearby the coast of Aurora beach. The team was divided into three different groups. The twin princes take care of the group of carpenters and alchemists to collect pine trees,  and make them 3 mile long weapons. Jennie and Daniel take care the technique to bury the sharpened stakes deep in the sea coast, learning the tide and the geology. The last group includes Mino and Lisa, spending time in boats, learning the time to mobilize the army and execute the naval battlefield.

They gathers at night in Daniel's camp, and continues updating and calculating together. All of this is thrilling with an exciting progress. A few more steps and everything will be well-prepared for a dazzling victory.

"Since we're close to the final step, should we celebrate?" Mino suggests, raising two jars of wine.

"I agree." Lisa claps her hands, beams at him. She used to detest this man, but now they are on a same boat, sharing a same mission, she thinks he is not bad at all. Mino Kang could be her friend.

"The mission isn't over. Until we're sure we make it, nothing could be guaranteed. It's thousand of lives we are going to save." Jennie's eyes flick up at Mino, her gaze softens when it shifts to the Princess. "Don't drink too much."

"Is it a yes that we could drink?" Princes Leo titles his head, eyes narrowed.

"Yes. Yes." Lisa smiles again.

Late until that night, Jennie carries Lisa back to their camp. It isn't necessary that she needs someone to hold her while she walks - she isn't that drunk, but she misses the feeling of Jennie being this close.

Jennie takes the coat off the princess, then goes to the end of the bed and pulls out the shoes. She drapes the blanket up to her chest, then a few moments later, Lisa feels the mattress sink. Jennie must lie down by her side right now, close enough for her to feel the warmth.

Something between them is off - Lisa knows since she initiated it. She has been lying to herself that they are both too busy for the mission that they forget to speak to each other, in a proper way - the way they used to.

Lisa's eyes flutter open, stares in the darkness of the night, as she turns, looking at the brunette next to her, she hopes that Jennie has already slept, 'cause she is snaking her hand to her belly, scooting closer, wondering that it is a right thing to do or not. Dusting the thought away, she closes her eyes.

Early morning that day, violent hot flames shimmer through fierce yellow as flames lick the trees and their camps. A blanket of smoke covers everything.

Lisa wakes up with the acrid smell of burnt wood and fabrics fills the air, choking her lungs. Jennie is no longer lying next to her. Screams and shouts outside the camps wake all the cells of her body. She rushes to put on her shoes, fleeing from her burning camp.

As soon as Lisa is out of the burnt camp, an arrow is shot to her direction, but Lisa dodges quickly. Outside scene is a mix of white smoke, burnt orange flames, mad horse hooves, shouts to kill the fire and sound of constant swords hitting fiercely. Blurring in the layer of white smoke and orange flames, Lisa's eyes narrow as she recognizes the red flag embroidered a blue dragon - Zavier mutiny.

She runs back to the camp, covering her nose with her arm, she finds her sword, but her bow are on fire.

"Jennie" She shouts as soon as she's out of the camp. "Did you see Jennie?" She asks whoever she runs into.

"Princess Lisa." Mino jerks her from behinds. "This way."

"Is Jennie with you?" She rushes with a hope.

"No."

Her heart sinks. "I have to find her first." As she walks away from him. Her eyes scan the surrounding.