Chapter 18, part 2

TARYNS POV

"Yeah, send me your location and I'll be right there." Tripp says. I hang up and send him my location. 

"Taryn, please.." I feel a sweaty hand on my shoulder.  I turn around to face Luke, his face red and eyes bloodshot. I scoff.

"This is so typical. You get drunk and then pounce on the first pair of boobs you can find. Forget it, Luke. Forget us."

"I can explain that Tar-"

"Explain what? How you just happened to be in the bathroom with her? How her boobs just happened to run into your hands? I'm sure theres a logical explanation for that." I say sarcastically. "Whatever, I'm leaving."

"With who? You came here with me." 

"You act as if no one else would want to give me a ride. Thanks!"

"Taryn you know thats not what I-"

"Taryn?" Finally, Tripp is here. "You ready to go?" I turn to see Tripp nervously glance at Luke. 

"The doctor? You're leaving with the doctor?" Luke scoffs. "Isn't that against your job description?" 

"I, uhh, I-" Tripp studders. 

"Come on Tripp, let's go." I grab his arm and lead him toward the door.

"Bye Taryn! Love you girlfriend!" Luke shouts from behind us. I roll my eyes. 

-----

"What was that all about?" Tripp asks once we buckle up. 

"Nothing..." What am I supposed to tell him? Luke and I aren't really dating but we kinda had something good going until it all got fucked up but we still have to act like we're dating for the media? Yeah right. "He's just a dick sometimes."

"Does he always let you leave parties with other guys?" He asks. 

"No.. this is the first time I've really wanted to leave." 

"Why are you even with him if he treats you this terribly?"

"Can we just talk about something else. Please?" I plead. I really don't want to talk about Luke or my mixed feelings for him. I glance down and suddenly notice that Tripp is wearing a suit. "Where were you?" I ask.

"I was just at some charity auction." He says casually. 

"And you left to come pick me up? Why?" 

"I told you I'd be here for you. I meant it." 

I'm in shock. Maybe it's because I've been with a douchebag for a while now, but I forgot that actual gentlemen actually exist. I doubt Luke would even consider picking me up from somewhere unless he had to. Ugh, I really need to stop thinking about him.

"Do you happen to have any alcohol?" I ask.

"I have some back at my condo. Do you want to come over?"

"Yes please." I say.

------------- 

"Chardonnay or Pink Moscato?" Tripp asks, holding up two bottles of wine.

"You have Pink Moscato? Definitely that."

When he said he has 'some' alcohol, he really meant enough to get 50 people shit faced. 

"Is all of that alcohol for you?" I ask. 

"I have parties a lot." He says quickly. "Hey, wanna play a game?" He asks, quickly changing the subject, 

"Sure, like what?"

"Never have I ever." He grins. "If you've done it, you take a shot."

"A shot of wine..?"

"God, no." He pulls a handle of Patron out of the cupboard. "Of tequila."

Shit.

TRIPPS POV

"Alright, I'll go first. Never have I ever dated anyone who's in a band." I say.

"No fair!" She laughs, but takes a shot anyway. "Okay, never have I ever worked in a hospital!" She says, looking really proud of herself. 

"Cheap shot, Taryn." I smile and take a shot. I hate tequila, but I can tell she loves it so it'll have to work. "Hmmm.. never have I ever blacked out from drinking." 

"Shit." She whispers, taking another shot. "Never have I ever hated tequila!" She giggles. 

"How'd you know?!" I ask, surprised. 

"Your face after you took that last shot!" She cracks up. I can't help but to laugh as well. "Go on, take your shot!" I do as she says. 

After 3 more rounds I'm pretty tipsy and I can tell she's really drunk. 

"I'm tiiiired" Taryn slurs. 

"You can sleep in my guest room I'll carry you up." I pick her up bridal style. 

"Wait! Not done playing th game!" She squeals. I set her feet down and she steps close to me. "Never have I ever kissed a doctor..." She whispers. Before I know it shes pulling my face down to meet hers.