Chapter 20

TARYN POV 

"Please stay Luke. I don't want to be alone. Please."

"Are you sure you want me to?" He softly asks. I nod. "Okay."

--------------

Luke is gone when I wake up. As much as I expected it, my heart still hurts. Actually, hurts is an understatement. My heart 'hurt' when I thought there was still a chance for us. Now I know there is no chance. None at all. And that kills me. 

I unwillingly roll out of bed and drag myself into the bathroom. I literally look like shit. My hair is in tangles, my cheeks are red and puffy from crying, and mascara streaks down my face. Shoutout to Luke for being nice when I looked like this though, am I right? I go to turn on the sink, but something catches my eye. A glass of juice, an advil, and a note. I carefully open the note: 

Taryn,

I'm sorry I had to leave early, I had a band meeting. Take the advil, it'll help your headache. :) I've been informed that you and I have a reservation downtown for dinner. I'll text you the details. Please let me know if you need anything at all. 

Love you, 

Luke

God fucking dammit. Why? Why?! Why is he so nice to me now? Right after he rejects me he decides to become all gentleman-ly. This isn't fair. Every last ounce of me wants him, and every ounce aches knowing that I can't, knowing that he rejected me. And then he has the nerve to sign a note with 'love you'? Fuck that. Fuck him. 

-----

LUKE POV 

I had to get out of there this morning, I just had to. I had no idea whether she was even going to remember last night or not, and the last thing I need is for her to think I took advantage of her while she was shit faced. 

"What am I supposed to do guys?" I groan for the hundredth time. 

"You need to focus less on her and more on the music." Calum says. 

"I don't even understand you two, one minute you two were making out by the pong table and the next minute she was leaving with another guy. You guys are weird." Michael says. 

"Considering I'm the only other one with a girlfriend I think I'm the only one that's certified to give girl advice." Michael and Calum roll their eyes at Ashton. "Anyway," Ash starts, "I can tell you really like her mate. Now, is it a healthy relationship? Not in the slightest. I think you were right when you said neither of you would ever be happy." I groan. Sure, I asked them for advice, but they didn't tell me what I wanted to hear. I wanted them to tell me to go for it, that it didn't matter what the odds were as long as I was doing what or who I wanted. 

-----------

TARYN POV

After showering and scrubbing my face, I check my phone. Seven missed calls and three texts from Tripp. 

From: Tripp

Everything okay?

Hello? Taryn??

Good morning beautiful :)

Yikes. I ignore the text from Luke, at least for now, telling me where we'll be having dinner. I just dont have the energy to think about him right now. 

Sorry this ones shorter, but I'm trying to update more often (i mean it this time!) Thanks so much to everyone who is still reading, I love you all! Please please please vote and comment! <3