Chapter 2

Tarynz POV

"Uhh no... she's my... girlfriend?"

"What?!" I seethe.

"We've been dating for a while now actually, we were planning on keeping it a secret but I guess it was bound to come out sooner or later."

"You heard it here first, 5sos fans! Luke Hemmings is NOT single!" Finally the interviewer wraps it up and gets her creepy ass out of the room.

"What the f.uck was that?! If I wanted to be your damn girlfriend I would have accepted your offer the first time around!" I scream. I'm beyond furious. I didn't even want to come to this stupid concert in the first place, I didn't want to see stupid Luke, and now I have to play girlfriend? No way. He turns to face me, anger burning in his eyes.

"Okay listen up, you're not my girlfriend. You never will be my girlfriend, either. That was me saving my image, something you obviously know nothing about."

"And what makes you think I would even agree to this?!" I'm still screaming. I can't help it.

"Oh please, Taryn. Look around. I play lead guitar for a famous band."

"Sucks, I'm more into drummers." I say back.

"Okay, and you'll get paid."

"There's not enough money in the worl-"

"$100,000 for the first 6 months."

"Apparently there is." I mumble.

"We'll have a meeting tomorrow with my publicist so you can sign a contract. I'll have her text you with the details later. You may show yourself out." He gestures to the door. I roll my eyes and walk out.

----

The next morning, I stay in bed as long as I can. I received a text from Luke's management saying that a car would pick me up at 11:30 for the meeting.

At 11:15 I finally roll out of bed. I figure I don't really have anyone to impress here, so I just throw my hair into a messy bun, put on my favorite blink-182 tee with high waisted shorts & vans. With a few minutes left, I throw on some mascara.

At exactly 11:30, the doorbell rings. I expect someone from management, but instead I open the door to see Luke. and about 500 screaming girls.

"What the hell Luke?"

"You've never been a morning person, have you babe?" He says loudly enough for the closest fans to hear, covering for my little 'outburst'. After getting blinded by cameras, and almost getting scratched by crazy fans, we make it to the car. Luke surprisingly opens the door for me and then continues to climb in on the other side, as far away from me as possible.

The car ride is pretty quiet besides the radio and the sound of my fingers softly tapping on the seat.

"Could you stop? My head is killing me." He asks harshly.

"What, long night?" I ask sarcastically.

"Yes actually, I had to drink off the idea of you being my girlfriend." Asshole.

"This is your fault, you know."

"No Taryn, it's actually not. You should have never came last night. What were you thinking?"

"Trust me it wasn't my idea, it was my mothers."

"That explains it." He says quietly, chuckling to himself. He knows better than anyone how persistent and demanding my mother is. "I remember she wouldn't let me leave that one night when it was raining really hard. My mum was pissed." We laugh at the ancient memory. He looks at me and immediately stops laughing. "I still hate you."

"Feelings mutual, Hemmings."

------

After what seems like an hour, we pull up to the Wonder Management office. We're led into a small room with a gorgeous young woman sitting at a huge desk. This must be his publicist.

"Hi! You must be Taryn, I'm Jen, Luke's publicist."

"Enough with the introductions, can we just get this over with?" Jen and I roll our eyes. I like her already.

"Alright so, some basic rules. You two must be seen in public together at least twice a week. Taryn, you must attend every promotional event with Luke. All travel costs will be covered. PDA is a must. Neither of you may be seen one-on-one with someone of the opposite sex. Absolutely no one can know that this relationship is fake, besides the other boys in the band. The rest you can read for yourself. I just need a text from one of you telling me where, when and what you guys will be doing each week." She says, handing us both a thick packet.

"And what happens if we break a rule?" I ask.

"You will be sued for breaking the contract. Any more questions?" I hear Luke mumble something and then shake his head.

"How long will this last, exactly?"

"This particular contract is set at 6 months. If it helps band publicity, we may ask you to sign again. But we can talk about that later."

"Gotcha."

I glance through the contract, nothing seems too complicated. The only thing that pisses me off is that management now has control of all my social media accounts. The money will make it worth it, though. I basically get $4,000 a week, which is awesome.

"Okay, well if there are no more questions, you guys can leave right after I get your signatures!"

We sign and walk out.

"You can get a taxi right?" Luke says, opening his car door.

"Are you kidding me? Why?"

"Things to do, people to see."

"This would be a lot easier if you weren't such a f.ucking asshole." I say through clenched teeth.

"I'm not paid to be nice, babe." He says smugly.

I flip him off and walk away.