Chapter 7

*A/N I MADE A TWiTTER FOR THiS STORY, FOLLOW FOR UPDATES/ANNOUNCEMENTS OR JUST BC iM A FUN PERSON TO FOLLOW @5sauce69xx VOTE AND COMMENT. #CNT #CNT #CNTTT

"What?!" I yell. No. She can't do this. She can't take alway my one happiness here. Ashton is literally the only thing that keeps me sane. I peek over at him, he's smiling..?

"You're not my publicist, so you can't tell me who or who not to be seen with." He says all smart assy. Jen rolls her eyes.

"While that may be true, Taryn has a contract with me. Which means I can tell her who or who not to be seen with. Do I make myself clear?" I nod slowly, Ashton just mumbles a few swear words and stands up. We walk out of the office quietly. As soon as the door shuts behind us, Ash wraps me in a tight hug.

"I'm so so so sorry I got you in trouble." He whispers, stroking my hair.

"It's not your fault you're so much fun to be around."

Jen clears her throat from behind us. "Taryn, a car is waiting outside to take you to the hotel where you will be staying with Luke."

"We can't even take the same car..?" Ashton asks impatiently.

"No." We groan. I wave goodbye to Ash as I walk out to my car. He trails behind me, climbing into his Range Rover as I climb into the car waiting. The fact that we can't even be in the same car together is actually ridiculous. The more I think about it, the more angry I get. None of this is fair, and I'm not even sure it's worth the money anymore. By the time I get to the hotel, I'm fuming. I go directly to mine and Luke's hotel room and throw open the door. Ignoring a very confused Luke, I go straight to the bathroom and turn the shower on as high as possible. And then I start to cry. I cry because Luke hates me. I cry because the fans are getting more and more mean with every tweet, and my 'boyfriend' isn't even my real boyfriend so it's not like he makes me feel beautiful. I cry because Calum's a fucking asshole and won't give me a break. I cry because I'm not even allowed to be seen with my best friend anymore. And I cry because I haven't seen my mum in days, but she hasn't even called once.

Luke knocks on the door a few times, but I don't answer. I can't gain enough will power to get up.

"Taryn, please, I really have to pee." He begs.

I finally open the door and shove past him.

"Woah, are you okay?" He asks. I glare at him, my eyes red and puffy from all the crying. "Did Ashton do something?" His fists clench at his side.

"No! No. Jen said I couldn't be seen with Ashton anymore, too much bad press.."

LUKES POV

I knew what she was upset about. I'm the one that told Jen to do something about it. She told me I should sort out my 'relationship' troubles on my own, but I gave her a raise and she agreed to do it.

"What a bitch." I said. That earned me a smile.

"Luke.." She starts. "Can I ask you something?" She's still sniffling.

"Go for it."

"Well this morning.... why did you act like you didn't know we had sex..? Ashton said you told them we did.."

"Wait what? I never told them anything. And I really wasn't sure if we had or not, I just remember going home with you, but I kind of figured when you woke up with no clothes on." I laugh.

"You don't even remember?" She whimpers. Fuck.

"Taryn, I-"

"Forget it." She turns around, walking away. I'm kind of glad she interrupted me, I had no idea what I was going to say. There's no justifiable excuse for not remembering that. But why did Ashton lie to her..? After I finally get to pee, I give him a call.

"Lukey!" He yells into the speaker. That's Ashton for you.

"Ash, why does Taryn think I told you guys we had sex?"

"Oh, well, uhhh-"

"Ashton!"

"Okay, okay. Just hear me out. You're tearing her apart with all of this back and forth shit, being nice to her one day then being a complete asshole the next. She's already cried like 5 times, and she doesn't even seem like the crying type! So I don't know, I thought it'd be best if she emotionally stays away from you. I'm sorry, lukey."

"I'm not really sure it's your place to decide, don't get involved." I hang up. Maybe he has a point, though. Even if things somehow worked out between us again, I couldn't deal with another heart break. And what better way to protect my heart than acting like I don't have one?

TARYNS POV

Luke said he never told the guys, meaning Ashton lied? No, impossible. Ashton wouldn't lie to me, would he? I call him, but it goes straight to voicemail. My phone buzzes and I can't help but to hope it's Ashton. No such luck.

From: Jen

No show the next two days means you two need to go on a date. Let me know the details ASAP.

I groan.

"Luke!" I yell. He walks in the bedroom. Why is he always shirtless?

"Yeah I saw it, you can plan it, I have a date." He says, pulling a grey shirt over his black skinnies.

"Um, you're not allowed to be seen one on one with someone else. Remember?"

"Yes, but the contract never said anything about being seen three on one. Glad you understand. Later." I feel nauseous at the mention of the.. 'groupies'. He walks out before I can respond, and I'm left alone once again.

Since Luke's making me plan this, I might as well pick something I can benefit from, right? I have the perfect idea - He's going to take me shopping.