Chapter 9!

Chapter 9...idk you might need a tissue box or something while reading...love you all (:

*****************************

I'm like floating on cloud 9. James is an amazing kisser, I have pretty great friends, and I had the best birthday ever.

Now I have to like top his birthday when it comes up. How am I supposed to do that?

Today was a school day so I threw my hair up and decided to wear wind pants. I glanced over a the clock. Snap, I was late for school. Oh well, nothing very dramatic could've happened, right? I wasn't missing much.

*******************************

When I arrived at school, Shay was in tears.

"Some guy was hit by a car and he's on the way to the hospital now. Jane, he could be a guy that we know! He could be our friend!"

"Don't worry shay, the doctors will take care of him..... how was he hit by a car?" I replied, trying to keep her calm.

"Some dumb girl was texting and driving and she just hit em. She was distracted and not looking and yeah...." Her voice trailed off and I just couldn't believe that something like that would happen. That girl has to be some idiot, or had done it on purpose.

I hope the guy is alright. I was quiet for a while and just forgot about it. My day continued on and it was pretty peaceful. First period wasn't too bad, but I just kept thinking about that poor guy. I don't really feel like content knowing that someone from our school has been run over. Second period came along, and James wasn't in it. I bet it's all some like coincidence and like he's sick or something.

Third period was just awful. My stomach didn't feel good and I couldn't concentrate at all. I tried to text James, but he wouldn't answer his dang phone. Mrs. Elliot didn't care though.

****************

From: *unknown number*

Jane, this is James's mom. We are in the hospital. Come ASAP. he got-

I didn't even finish reading the text. I ran out of the room crying.

"Jane. Jane stop running! Where are you going??" Mrs. Elliot called.

I ran to the office, not bothering to look back, and quickly called my mom while trying to wipe the burning tears out of my eyes.

"Hey honey, what's up?"

"Mo-om," I said between sobs, "I - I-need t-to g-go-o t-o the-e hos-pi-pit-tal."

"Are you okay?!? Why are you crying?! Are you hurt??"

" Ja-am-mes h-he-es hh-ur-rt"

"I'll be right there."

I sat in the office and cried some more. That poor secretary just sat in her desk there and patiently watched me. She didn't ask any questions. I saw my mom and ran to give her a hug and cry into her shoulder. It caused mascara to smear everywhere along with other beauty products. But I didn't care. My heart was breaking into a thousand prices just imagining what could be happening to James right now. Whoever that girl was, I'll find her.

"Honey, I'll take you to the hospital. We're going right away."

We drove to the hospital and it felt like eternity until we arrived.

I didn't stop crying until I was sprinting into the hospital doors.

I was out of breath and then I stopped crying for long enough for me to ask the receptionist where James's room was.