Chapter 2

THERE'S A PICTURE OF SHAY FROM THE LAST CHAPTER ON THE SIDE:) WANNA GO CHECK THAT OUT FOR ME? OKAY. ENJOY READING :)

STAY HAPPY MY DEAR READERS! XOXO

Chapter 2 *******

"Hey, wait up James!" I yelled at him as he was walking

"Hey Jane, what's up?"

"I've got your jacket." I said while handing it back to him awkwardly.

"Oh thanks Jane." He replied.

"Your welcome, thanks again for letting me borrow it." I said sighing in relief. He had no idea how much that actually meant to me.

"Honestly, it was no biggie, anytime!" Oh gosh. He is so sexy and sweet. I could get used to this.

"Thanks, see yah around James , bye!" I said in a rush, trying to get out f the awkward situation. My cheeks were probably a light shade of pink by now and they're going to be the same color as a fire truck if he doesn't stop talking to me,quick.

I quickly turned to leave but I heard a voice behind me. Oh great. What does he want now?

"Hey, what's your number? You know, incase I ever have to cover for you again."

I can't believe that James just asked me that. I was having a freak attack on the inside but I had to keep my cool on the outside.

"Um yeah, my number, here you go..."

I pulled out a pen and wrote it on a sheet of notebook paper and quickly handed it to him.

"Thanks, I hope this isn't some fluke number and I won't be texting a pizza place. But I believe you. Text you sometime later?"

And he left, just like that. Was it my imagination, or did he wink at me before he left? He totally winked. My face now was at that firetruck shade. Really Jane? Over a wink? Gosh. I need to pull myself together.

"Okay, text yah later!" I yelled... That was probably not helping my attempt not to seem too desperate.

I have to tell someone about this weird fluke of luck. James actually talked to me. He asked for my number. Can you imagine him asking me out? Taking me on a romantic date in the park? Then we would kiss and I would feel as if I were floating on the clouds... I snapped out of my thoughts and ran to the band hall to tell Lyndsey. She always listens to my randomness. Yes, I'm still in band.

"LYNDSEY!! OHMYGOSHLYNDSEYIJUSTTALKEDTOJAMESANDHEASKEDFORMYNUMBER!"

"Jane, slow yourself down.What happened?" She asked excitedly.

"I JUST TALKED TO JAMES AND HE ASKED FOR MY NUMBER!!!!"

"That's really cool Jane!"

"Im trying to keep all of my sanity right now! Oh my gosh. I can't believe that just happened! He's so sexy and sweet and all of those things that I find attractive. I've had a huge crush on him forever.....you know after the whole Dylan thing."

"Jane. That's really good! Don't over react and scare him away- okay?"

"I'll try not to," I said shrugging.

"Heeeyy what's going on over here?"

Oh Mr.Webber, our amazing band director just walked over ...he just has to know what's going on. Just because he's that type of person. But he's cool still.

"Nothing band related, Mr. Webber." Lyndsey honestly said.

"Okay, well lets get this conversation to something band related."

He says while jamming out on a practice drum pad..man, he can multitask..that show-off. He's too amazing at the drums! Lyndsey as I are in drumline but I mean, come on, we aren't that good yet! We will be one day though.

Mr. Webber: he's short, blonde, and not the skinniest person.He is a drum beast and is so funny! I don't think you could ever find a better director! Today he was wearing slacks and his "oh so famous" sweater vest.

Anyways, I didn't listen to him, as always and I just kept fan-girling to lyndsey about my pathetic James crush. He's really helped me after Dylan decided to do the unspeakable.

She's amazing, she just sits there and listens. Maybe I have a chance? Now that he actually knows my name...and now he has my number! Eh, I have a very vivid imagination. One day he will be mine...I'm telling you, one day...when I'm not a looser.

**********************

I PROMISE YOU-THE CHAPTERS GET LONGER AS THE STORY GOES ON :) CHECK OUT MY NEW BOOK "SNAPSHOTS" PLEASE :) IF YOU DO, I'LL LOVE YOU FOREVER. THANKS FOR ALL THE READS AND THE VOTES :) YOU GUYS ROCK!