Chapter 23

HEY GUYS! SORRY FOR NOT UPDATING , I WAS AT CAMP FOR A WEEK AND THEN THE NEXT DAY, I WENT ON A MISSON TRIP AND I JUST GOT BACK RECENTLY... SOO YEAH PLEASE DONT HATE MEEE :) I LOVE EVERY SINGLE PERSON READING THIS RIGHT NOW :) YOU GUYS ARE AMAZING! ALSO, BE ON THE WATCH FOR MY SEQUEL, ITS CALLED "CATEGORIES" SOO YEAH... I LOVE YA'LL AND THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR ALL OF THE VOTES AND COMMENTS:) 

************************* 

JANES POINT OF VIEW

I rolled out of bed to see that it was 11:00 am and that nobody had disturbed me at all. I was relieved and worried at the same time. I hopped down stairs using my crutches today looking like a zombie, and I don't even care that James and his dad are staying with us....He can see me no matter what I look like and I don't care anymore...it's so amazing how months ago I would've tried to look beautiful but now that he's seen me at my worst- its not a big deal. You know, I really gotta talk to my parents about this whole stair thing...yeah going down them in my crutches is so hard.

I saw James at the bottom of the steps and he looked pretty sad about something...I mean he's looked that way for a while because of his mom and everything....I understand that completely because lately he's been in complete shock and I get that...it seems like today it's just settling in for him and somehow I feel like he needs lots of space, especially today. I met him at the staircase bottom and he looked at me with the saddest most heart breaking expression that I've ever seen him portray.

"Hey Jane...we need to talk." He whispered and he led me to the room where he was staying.

"Yeah James, what's up?"

"Can you come with me?"

"Sure, where are we going exactly?"

"I wanna say goodbye to her properly..."

And with that I could see some silent tears rolling down his cheeks. I hoped along until we were inside his dads car. And if course he let us use it.

He drove to the cemetery quietly and once there I couldn't help but get teary- eyed. James got up out of the seat and I decided to stay inside the car and give him and his mother some privacy.

"Jane, I'll be right back." He whispered.

**************************

JAMES POINT OF VIEW

"I'll be right back, I whispered." I could see her face looking so vulnerable and I just wanted to kiss her but, I couldn't bring myself to do that. Not here. Not at the place where my mother rests. The funeral made me numb and I knew I couldn't lose anyone ever again. I know I'll never lose Jane because honestly we've been though too much and I could never let that go down the drain. In the back of my mind I knew Jenny was behind all of this....but maybe I just need someone blame because blaming myself doesn't help anyone. Before I knew it I was standing at her grave.

"Hey mom.." I managed to choke out. Eventually the words started to get a little easier. "I guess I never had a proper goodbye. I was on a camping trip and I remember you kissing me on the forehead and telling me to have fun but I got nothing out of it. It was our morning routine and I was used to it. I need Jane more than anything now because she loves me just like you used to." I didn't realize this but I was on my knees and hot, fresh tears were running down my face. "I've realized that I don't want to lose anyone else In my life because I honestly don't know what I'll do without you. Next time I visit, I'll bring flowers. I really am sorry and I really love you mom. I guess I'm trying to say my last goodbye. You'll never fully leave my heart because a piece of you will always be with me and dad but I really love you and miss you." With that I was still kneeling and staring at the cold, hard ground where my mother lay rested. I don't know how long I stayed there for but when I looked back to see Jane in the car, I saw a fragile girl with her head in her hands and I knew tears were poring out of her eyes just as much as me. I pulled the first thing that I could think of out of my pocket and laid it onto her grave since I didn't have any flowers. It was a simple button but I knew that it would have to do. I stood up and whispered "Goodbye mother I'll be back soon to talk to you." With that I started to walk back to the car and once I was in, I looked at Jane. "Jane, are you going to be okay?" She looked up at me with her bloodshot eyes and nodded slightly. I pulled my fragile girlfriend into a gentle hug and she clung on to me for dear life it seemed like. She was still crying and I didn't care about the wet spot on my shoulder at all, I just held her tight and let my own tears fall as well. I love her. I don't know how I would be getting through this without her and I know that I've still got a huge gash in my heart from where my mother left me but I know that now I have her, it will be slightly easier.