Chapter 36

That Monday

Laysia

Its been a couple days since the incident.

I felt really bad for what I did to Lei.

Even though I know she doesn't wanna talk to me, imma still try and talk to her.

Jeraud still tries to call and text me but I'm dont even bother to call or text him back.

Like yeah I liked it, but I'm in love with Lei.

At this point I don't know what I want.

I seen Lei walking towards her locker.

We like 6 lockers down from each other.

I built up some courage to talk to her because we both had an off period.

"Lei" I called out to her as I slowly walked up to her.

"What" she slammed her locker.

I jumped.

"Can we talk please ?" I asked with hope.

"Tf I look like talking to you ? Go talk to Jeraud with yo fake lesbian ass." She mugged me.

"I was caught in the mom-" I started.

"No what's finna be caught in the moment is you getting your ass beat for the 3rd time in a span of only 4 days" she walked up on me.

"I don't wanna fight. I just wanna talk please" I practically begged her.

"Bitch fuck you. I DONT wanna talk to you. We done. Ain't no more us. You a hoe and a fraud. Phony ass bitch" She scoffed and walked away.

When she said that I broke inside. I know I was wrong, but I was trying to correct it.

I don't know what to do.

I texted Jeraud.

"Hey" I texted.

"Hey mamas what you doing ?" He texted back.

"Nothing in school. Lei still mad at me" I texted.

"Quit talking about that bitch. Look I'm coming back to Atlanta for good. Imma see if I can get an apartment up there where you stay or something" He texted.

"Nooo no that's ok" I texted.

I kinda wanted him to come see me but another part of me wanted him to go away so I can still have a chance with Lei.

"Wym ?" He asked.

"Nothing" I texted back.

I just stopped texting him and texted Lei instead.

"Baby I love you please just talk to me" I texted her.

"BITCH LEAVE ME TF ALONE BEFORE I TELL EVERYBODY WHAT YOU DID. EVEN YO MAMA" she said.

My heart sank.

I just stopped texting her and left her alone.

I wanna die.

Lei

Nah I ain't tell nobody what she did.

Carter didn't even tell they mama like he said he was because he said they had a talk.

All day and night I just been thinking about how me and Laysia met, to how happy we made each other, to now.

Like what did I do to deserve that tho ?

I feel like she was lying about liking only girls. That bitch fucked my cousin.

And Jeraud he a fake bitch too.

Of course I'm still in love with her. I wanted to hear the story about what happened but my pride was just eating me up.

I finally texted her back.

"You got 5 minutes. Meet me in the gym" I said as I got up and made my way to the gym which was far asf from where I was.

"Ok" she texted back.

After about 5 minutes of walking I made it to the gym and of course she was already there.

I didn't wanna sit next to her so I sat on the stand above the stand she was sitting on.

She was just staring at me looking sorry as fuckin ever.

"Talk tf" I rose my voice and made a face.

Like fuck is you staring at me for ?

She jumped a little.

"I just want to say that I'm truly sorry for what
I did-" she started.

I yawned.

I heard that same old line time and time again.

She paused.

"Umm I know nothing I can do will fix our relationship because of what I did. I wasn't thinking at all." She said telling me.

She never broke eye contact...

"You know what you was doing tho. You fucked that nigga and was enjoying it on top of that. Tell me everything that happened start to finish" I said.

She nodded.

"When your family was over your house and when he needed something he would see me and ask for something in a flirtatious way. Even when he first bumped into me he said excuse me but looked at my ass." She said.

"So you didn't think to tell me...tuhh" I scoffed.

"I didn't really think anything of it. I was just thinking he didn't know we was together" she said.

"But he did. When we came out to everybody his ass was sitting right there" I told her.

She frowned.

"I didn't see him. When I first seen him that was when he bumped into me" she said.

"I didn't know who he was until I asked him. And that was the day everything happened. He told me y'all were 3rd cousins." She also said.

"At this point I don't care about all that. You still didn't tell me dat he was flirting with you. I woulda nipped it in the bud real quick " I stank faced her.

"You right. Im sorry" she apologized with her head down

As much as I wanted to forgive her and get back together, I couldn't.

"I forgive you but we not never getting back together.  That shit is dead. I bet you still text this nigga to this day.

Laysia

My phone dinged.

"Tuhh yeah bye." She chuckled and stood up to leave.

"No wait plea-" I said.

"Girl quit chasing after me. I don't want you. As far as I know you don't even know what you want. Maybe far far in the future when we like 85 years old we can be together. But no time soon will I be with you" She said cold heartedly.

When I tell you I just wanted to die.

I shook my head and lowered it feeling defeated.

I cried.

When I looked up I seen that she was gone.

I fucked up.

I just wanna die.

If I can't have Lei, I don't need to live.