Chapter 3 - The Morning

It was morning when Ciel awoke to find Sebastian still asleep, holding him tightly, and he smiled a genuine smile for the first time in what seemed an eternity; he then proceeded to stroke the butler's hair ever so gently, it was nothing more than a tender moment for Ciel as he watched his lover sleep gently by his side, however, Sebastian's peaceful slumber was soon disturbed when he jolted awake.

"My lord, please, forgive me." Sebastian said humbly.

"It's quite all right, Sebastian. What plagues you at this hour?" Ciel inquired.

"Oh, it was just a bad dream, my lord, that is all. I'm so glad you're safe!" Sebastian exclaimed while hugging Ciel tightly.

"Yes, I am quite alright, was your dream about me?" Ciel asked with a smile he could not mask.

"It was indeed, but it was not a happy dream, no, not at all." Sebastian said with a look of horror upon his face. "It was terrible, I dreamed that - you had died, my lord, and it spooked me."

"It's okay Sebastian, I am still here for you." Ciel replied gently while rubbing his back with soft, circular motions.

"Oh, young master, I must begin preparations for your breakfast. I shall return shortly." Sebastian coolly said before taking off to make Ciel's breakfast.

A few minutes later, the finest breakfast had been prepared by Sebastian for his new lover, Ciel, and he quickly escorted it to his room with a light pink apron on.

"Master, your breakfast has arrived!" Sebastian exclaimed cheerfully.

"My, my, my Sebastian, you look good enough to eat in that apron." Ciel replied which earned a scarlet faced Sebastian in responce.

"My lord, I am not your breakfast, silly. It is what you requested before you fell asleep yesterday, a slice of lemon merangue pie and some of your favorite tea."

"Ah, you do make the best sweets I have ever tasted, so I'll take this slice of pie for now." Ciel answered and stuck his tongue out at Sebastian.

Sebastian smiled at his lord and exited the room, he then looked down and saw that he still had the apron on, and he blushed in slight embarrassment at Ciel's earlier comment.

"No, my lord, it is you who is good enough to eat." Sebastian whispered to himself while holding the apron and walking to the kitchen.

As he arrived in the kitchen, he heard a sudden crash come from upstairs and he quickly put the apron up before quickly running up the stairs to find his master lying on the floor; this concerned him deeply, and he picked up his lord's pale, small body and laid it upon his bed. He then felt his forehead and it was rather hot, feverish feeling, and Sebastian became even more concerned when he went into the bathroom and saw vomit all over the floor around the toilet.

"Ciel," He whispered, "I'm so sorry you became sick."

The butler proceeded to clean and disinfect the bathroom floor until it was spotless and had a certain shine about it.

"S-Sebastian!" Ciel yelled softly.

"Yes, my lord." Sebastian replied. "Is everything alright?"

"I-I am sorry, Sebastian." He said weakly. 

"It is alright, my lord, please, rest." Sebastian answered with a smile while covering him up with the blankets that happened to rest on his bed. 

"Sebastian, please, call me Ciel when we are alone." 

"Of course, Ciel." Sebastian answered with a faint smile as the young master fell asleep.