Chapter 15 - The World

What have I done, lord Ciel? I-I want to die, but I also want to protect you, would my death protect you from the greatest threat: me? I want your heart, but I'm afraid of shattering it when my secrets come out, what will happen to us? I love you too much... I have to let you go, I have to break my promise of giving you the world. Sebastian was now on the verge of tears and they spilled from his eyes like rivers while he held the knife close to his chest with one thought: Should I?

Ciel burst into the kitchen and tried to pull the knife out of Sebastian's hand, but it didn't seem to be doing him any good... Sebastian appeared to have planned his own self-murder right before Ciel arrived.

"Sebastian, this is an order: put down the knife!" Ciel screamed on his knees while pulling on Sebastian's pants leg.

Sebastian grew wide eyed and gradually put down the knife. What was I thinking? That would have hurt him more than anything... he has already lost so much, I can't let him lose me too. I am such a fool, but I will change that - I will fight on for my Ciel. Yes, that is my purpose... Sebastian closed his eyes and bowed at his lord and began apologizing for even considering that course of action, and all Ciel could do was cry and embrace his lover.

"It's okay, just promise me that you won't do it again. After all, you are meant to be my butler forever." Ciel whispered near Sebastian ear in tears.

"I promise, my lord." Sebastian answered faintly while rubbing soothing circles on the boy's back.

And I will give you all I can in order to make you happy, I will do I can in order to give you the world. He thought while embracing his sweet lord. I will - make it rain crimson for you, only you, my dear, and the skies will open up with the brightest of hues as I embrace you for the final time, our dreams fulfilled, and I must die by the moon's rain that falls as a promise to Death. For only then, only then, will we both die - after we have made England a better place for all.

"Sebastian, we do have work to do today... Would you like to assist me?" Ciel inquired with a faint blush.

"Of course, my lord. That is my duty as butler." He replied bowing.

Ciel nodded and the two headed out to town in order to discover who Jack the Ripper was, and night fell, they attempted to prevent the death of the last prostitute, however, it was to no avail because they heard a scream ring through the night air and they ran her house, discovering her pale, lifeless body. Grell then stepped out with his reaper tool that looked like a chainsaw, he was covered in blood.

"Ah, Sebas-chan! What are you doing with that brat?" Grell asked.

"He is no brat, he is my master." Sebstian answered in outrage.

Grell charged at Sebastian with the dangerous weapon on and spinning, Sebastian side stepped, and soon found himself pinned to a wall by Grell. The reaper smirked sadistically which earned a slight smirk from Sebastian himself before Ciel gave him the order to kill Grell.

"As you wish, my lord." Sebastian answered as his eyes turned into red demon eyes.

The two kept fighting for what seemed to be forever in Ciel's eyes, that is, until Sebastian broke Grell's weapon to smithereens and beat him up with his fists, sending him back from where he had come: the grim reaper library.

"I couldn't save her." Ciel whispered as Sebastian picked him up.

"You could have,... but the alternative would have been much worse." Sebastian relied grimly.

"What do you mean?" Ciel inquired.

"You could have been injured, young master, and I would not have been able to forgive myself if the other alternative had occurred." Seastian answered with a mournful voice. 

"I-I could have died, couldn't I?" Ciel asked with a rather disappointed face. 

"I'm afraid so." Sebastian replied. 

Ciel snuggled up close to Sebastian's neck and held him tight, the two appeared inseperable in that moment that was part of their lives. I promise you the world, young master. I shall deliver it to you, even if it results in my death... 

"S-Sebastian, let's go home." Ciel said weakly. 

"Yes, my lord." Sebastian answered with a smile.