C. 2 LITTLE BOWL OF CHICKEN SOUP

A week later.

"Hey, Ahn-san. There's a new restaurant opened in front of our university. Let's go try together,"

Hikari, a classmate, invited her once again for dinner. As much as she wants to join, she couldn't. Not that she's shy or a germophope of a kind. It's just that she couldn't eat anyone's cooking unless she cook it herself.

"You know about my situation, Hikari-san. I can't go,"

"Awwee! Please? They said it's super good. They only accept reservations. Yuuta-san and Enoki-san are also coming,"

"Hikari-san, I-"

"PLEEAASSEE!!!"

"But-"

"PLEEEEAAAASSSSEEEE!!!!"

Feeling defeated, she sighed and promised to join them for dinner.

Later that night, Eunha, Hikari and two others came in the restaurant. The three lead the orders while Eunha was busy checking the interiors. It has a western style designs but simple and elegant. While waiting for their orders, the group decided to open a topic for a bit.

"How did you get a reservation?"

"My Dad gave it to me,"

"I heard the head chef is a teacher from Totsuki Academy,"

"What?"

"That Totsuki?"

Eunha who doesn't have any knowledge about the academy, lend her ear for them. Apparently, Totsuki Academy is a famous culinary school in Japan. She also heard that the director has the ability called Divine Tongue, which made her very famous in the culinary world.

Then, Eunha remembered that one night. The drunk man and his sister. Is that woman actually the director of that school? Divine tongue? What kind of nonsense is that? Isn't easier to say that she has a very sensitive sense of taste?

With the help of anime and Manga, being an otaku would make Eunha immune to exaggerations of things. This would make her judge other people less. But it seems that she needs more exposure.

"Here's your order, dear costumers. Please, have a nice meal."

"Here's for you, Ahn-san. Incase you know, just give it to me."

Hikari caught the waiter's attention. What does she meant by that? Curious he waited for them to test the dish. Each of them had different dishes. For Eunha, she had a simple soup with a twist of italian style.

She picked up the spoon and dipped it on the soup. She took the spoonful soup in her mouth and tasted the soup. Hikari, Yuuta and Enoki waited for her reaction. Even the waiter is anticipating it.

[I knew it.]

There wasn't enough salt. The vegetables were fresh but a bit undercooked. The chicken broth used was boiled three minutes longer than it should. Paprika and olive oil shouldn't be put too much. It's like a zombie man who's cooking the soup. His mind was elsewhere while cooking. In short, she doesn't like it.

"Ahn-san?"

"How is it, dear costumer?"

Her classmate and waiter asked. She looks at them and just smiled disappointingly. Eunha doesn't like her sensitive tongue. Being used to these kinds of situations, she developed something like a tolerance. So, she'll at least finish this little bowl of soup.

"I'm sorry, Hikari-san. Don't mind me and enjoy your dinner,"

She smiled trying to reassure her and the two gentlemen.

After stepping out of the restaurant. Eunha could feel her stomach twisting. It's like this every time she ate something that her stomach wouldn't like. She massaged her tummy lightly and thought of buying another stomach pain medicine.

"Ahn-san, I'm really, really sorry. I thought that their dishes could be of help to your peculiar taste. But it seems I just made it worse,"

"It's okay, really."

• • •

The woman bowed several times with an apologetic expression.

"Ryuu, do you know those costumers?"

He asked as he noticed how the head waiter looks at their previous new costumer outside of the window.

"No Chef, but I was the one who served them."

"So, did you get any reactions?"

"The other three had the usual delighted face the time they tasted the dish. That woman was strange though,"

The head chef, turned his head to the waiter beside him. He raised an eyebrow and ask what does it mean.

"Well, after tasting the head chef's dish. She made this unsatisfying face,"

The said woman didn't finished her soup and even gave it to her office mates. She was sitting there waiting for her friends to finish their course.

"W-what?"

Next thing he did. He ran out of his restaurant and turning his head around. He didn't make it, she was gone. He got inside again and faced the head waiter.

"Why didn't you tell me before?"

"You were busy in the kitchen. You even shouted the sous chef earlier,"

"That's true but now I had an unsatisfied costumer came out of my restaurant! Do you think what she have to say to her friends?"

He could think of many different scenarios. Whatever it is, it's not good to let a costumer out of your establishment unsatisfied. It's not good for him, his newly opened restaurant and for her.

"Do you know her name?"

He questioned and the waiter took out a lab book and opened its pages. The name of their costumers who reserves seats, need to write their name. Upon arriving companions needs to log in their book. This is for contract tracing since the pandemic is still a threat. Table number five occupied by four people. Two women and two men. He heard she was called Ahn-san by the other woman. So, he's suspecting that her name is Ahn Eunha.

"Ahn Eunha? a Korean?"

"Don't know. Anyways, you need to get inside and cook chef."

The head chef sighed and blame himself for being a disappointment. This is a problem for him, his pride and honor as a chef from the renowned culinary school of the country. For now, it doesn't bother him that much and just entered his kitchen.