C. 8 THE OTHER WAY 'ROUND

"Is that the lady, head chef fawns about?"

Asks by one of the staffs. They were eavesdropping. Curious about the pretty college girl who's sitting in front of their boss.

"Oh! He's asking her out,"

"How passionate, Head Chef!"

"No,"

After hearing the cold rejection, the staffs went pale while Asahi stiffened in place. Did he do something that made her uncomfortable? Is he perhaps going to fast? Does she hates him? Or is it that...

[I'm not her type!?]

"Wait, Ms. Eunha. Can you at least...explain why?"

Eunha looks at him and puts down her bowl. She just finished her meal, not bad yet not good.

"You don't have to do those things for me. Making a signature dish and the likes,"

"Huh?"

He doesn't understand. He's completely clueless. What is he suppose to do then?

"I want to know you more, Chef Asahi. Then I'll decide if I'll date you. Is that okay?"

She smiled awkwardly. She's not a shojou manga protagonist. So why do something like 'Do this for me and I'll say yes.' She had a few boyfriends but they immediately broke up with her after meeting her brother.

"That guy is a junkie,"

"This guy is a playboy,"

"He had two wives already,"

"He's f*cking gay!"

"I don't like this sh*t!"

To avoid something like that. She needs to know Asahi Nakiri first before her brother finds out. Well, it's a matter of time until her brother finds out.

"Okay,"

Asahi answered. He sat up straight and looks at her in the eyes.

"Asahi Nakiri. Former name Asahi Saiba. Thirty years old. Half-American and Half-Japanese. I'm a teacher at Totsuki Academy and a Chef. Former leader of La Cuisinó Nóir,"

"W-w-wait! What are you doing?"

"You said you have to know me better so that you'll date me,"

"Yes but we're not in a job interview,"

"Being a boyfriend is actually a job,"

"We're not even dating yet,"

"That's why I'm working on it,"

"This is not what I meant,"

"Then what exactly?"

He asks leaving her silent. Eunha creased her eyebrows in question. Does this guy never been on a relationship before? She shook her head then smiled.

"Please, figure it out yourself. I still have classes. Thank you for the lunch,"

She bowed showing that she's grateful for the free lunch. She exited the restaurant and crossed the six lane road. The university is just literally in front of the restaurant, so there's no need to worry about getting late.

To be honest, Eunha wants a little a bit of fairytale like love story. She's a girl who likes comics and novels. She's been influenced to a sweet, dramatic and thrilling concepts of love. She thought it's not bad to fantasize a bit. Since her brother keeps on getting in the way, she doesn't have much choice. After all, she had a very bad taste in men.

Asahi was still there, sitting and staring on to nowhere. He scrunched his face up thinking what should exactly he needs to do.

"Boss, your face is scary."

"Chef, are you sure about her?"

"If not, do you think I'm making this face?"

After receiving help from his staffs. He realized it was not that of a big deal. Their meeting ups consist of eating lunch and dinner. Sometimes Asahi would invite her to go to the Academy or other places. He'll slowly let her know him herself while also constantly telling her some other things. The same applies to her.

Everyday and every time they interact, Asahi felt like he's falling deeper. He realized she smiles often. He thought she was quiet but actually a talkative lady. He learned other things about Eunha. Like soup dishes is actually her favorite meal. She would also like to pair it with a crispy fried dish as a side dish. Spicy dishes are nothing to her. She's a big eater and with this, it's easy to win her favor with food.

It's a good thing that his profession is cooking. He's confident about this, he felt like he's getting near. But after telling Asahi about Eunha's brother, he's starting to get worried.

"If my brother agrees with you. Consider that we're official,"

"What if he doesn't?"

Eunha stopped for a moment. They were currently walking on the streets after having a walk in the central park. She looks at him with a sheepish smile.

"If that happens, then it's my first time going against my brother."

"First time?"

He tilted his head on the side. She scratched her cheek with her index finger, still keeping her smile.

"I like you, Asahi-san."

Stunned. He became a blushing mess. It's been a month since he started courting her. He thought that she was being fast but, ain't this good? It's what he wanted after all. He lowered his head and covered his face with the both of his hands. He wanted to say he likes her too but he's embarrassed. Why he's the one who's reacting like this? It's supposed to be the other way 'round.

"I really can't back out now,"