C. 6 ASAHI'S HONESTY

I like talking with her. I like how honest she was. I even like how she was worried for me.

"I mean, you look paler than this morning. Are you even still alive?"

"I'm assuming you're worried about me?"

"Who wouldn't after seeing you like that?"

"No one except you,"

A little bit of flirting is okay. Back in America I used to be a heartbreaker or something like that. But I never had any girlfriends.

When I ask her about the soup, she was still calm and just spill everything to me. Her sensitive sense of taste that became her weakness. She can't eat properly maybe that's why she's thin and short. She was mentally anxious and socially awkward to other people.

Her peculiar taste is somehow similar to Erina. Wait! Maybe she also had the Divine Tongue? How is that possible? All I know that only within the Nakiri can inherit that ability. So what is this?

"Come with me to the kitchen!"

"Eh?"

I dragged her towards the private kitchen. I'll something so that I can test her. When I served her a simple macaroni soup, she had this sad face. Why does she look sad? Is my dish looks pitiful?

She took a taste and immediately recognizes the ingredients. That's where I'm certain. She definitely has divine tongue but not as similar as Erina. I had a fun time explaining the dish to her. Was talking about soup always took this long? I don't want it to end yet.

I asked what is her conclusion and she just replied me with a zombie imagery. Just why a zombie? I don't get it.

"It's like you were lost and empty. Are you searching for something?"

I stood there staring at her light brown eyes while she did the same to me. Her eyes were very light that I could see myself. Also, I just noticed. My chest is always beating fast whenever I see her. Ah~ did I actually fell in love at first sight with this kid?

I calmed myself and just said.

"A girlfriend?"

She went silent for a bit and looks at me with her expressionless face. Like she was studying me.

"That's a lame excuse,"

Imagine being pierced by an arrow straight to the head. Yes, I definitely could feel it right now. Well I could get any girls I want to be my girlfriend. Now is just not the right time.

"But, to all people who cooks for me. This is the best dish so far. Thank you,"

She said while smiling at me. Okay, I'm not a teenager anymore. Being honest and straightforward is the best for me. I'll get this girl no matter what.

Then I realized that maybe it will be hard for me to talk about dating to this girl. I almost snapped about the fact that Erina kept a close contact with her. Why didn't she tell me anything?

"I don't care! Give it to me right now!"

"What the hell, zombie-san. Please, don't shout."

"I'm not a zombie!"

"Please, don't shout. I'll give it now,"

That small struggle was at least worth it. I got her number!

• • •

DING DONG

The bell rang around the school signaling for lunch time. Eunha was fixing her things inside her bag. She needs to go her locker where she kept her lunch box. Hikari and the others already went to eat somewhere. She had two hours for the next class. Meaning she had two hours and thirty-five minutes of free time.

[Maybe I'll go to somewhere where I can have a picnic.]

"Eunha!"

As she closed her locker, she saw a tall young man running towards her. He was smiling and hugged her small stature.

"Kazuya, you're heavy."

"Ah! I'm sorry, I was just excited."

"Why? What happened?"

This tall young man is a baseball player. He was just chosen in the rooster team as the ace pitcher's catcher forming a battery. He thought of letting Eunha know the news first. Mainly because she's his crush since high school. Not that Eunha knew.

"Congratulations, Kazuya. I'm happy for you,"

"Yes! So join me for lunch, please? I also have my own lunch too,"

"Okay,"

Both of them walked towards the gate to find a place to have lunch. Outside the university's gate, a bunch of students gather around a black car. Whispering and giggling about something over there.

Curious she took a quick look. She saw the back of a man standing beside the black car. The man turns his head and met her eyes.

[Wait that's-]

"Ms. Ahn!"

He waved his hand hoping Eunha to get the message. Eunha knew then, that he was here for her, but why? Students and Kazuya looked at her with curious eyes. She suddenly felt embarrassed. Asahi came to her school with a very appealing appearance.

"You know him?"

"Y-yeah, looks like he's here for the experiment."

"Experiment?"

"It's a long story. I'm sorry Kazuya. I have to leave for today,"

Kazuya thought that maybe this experiment is more important than him. What can he do though? He's not Eunha's priority.

"I understand. But please promise me the next lunch,"

"I will,"

She smiled trying to reassure him. He ruffled her hair and pinched her cheeks afterwards.

"Bye,"

He simply said and she turns her back to him. Eunha walked towards where Asahi were and asked.

"Why are you here, Asahi-san?"

"Get inside first,"

He ordered again and that made her wrinkled her forehead. It's like he's mad or something.

"Hey, what are you getting mad for?"

She's not gonna go inside the car unless he's answering her question. For someone she just officially met a few weeks ago, he's acting all familiar with her.

"I've been calling you know. But I can't reach you somehow,"

"Oh! That's because my battery is down,"

"Aren't there spare ones?"

"It's a built-in battery,"

"Didn't you charged it first?"

"Stop, I'm not explaining. Let's go,"

Eunha opened the passenger door and took the seat in front. Asahi unconsciously smiled and sat on the driver's seat. He started the engine and drove away from the school.

"I just remembered, where are we going?"

She looks at Asahi who's driving at the moment. He smiled and answered her.

"Totsuki Academy,"

A/N: A few more chapters then it's done.