Spiders

Elaina's group was the last to enter. Half the groups have already returned and most of them had failed. It seemed as if most of the students held a fear to mundane things such as haunted houses and trails.

The trees surrounded them on either side, encasing them in darkness. A small flickering flame up ahead was their only guide.

Iida took the lead in front of the group. "Stay close together so no one gets lost."

Monoma bit his nails as a twisted expression of joy displayed on his face. "Look! Look! The losers of class 1a are a bunch of wimps! Can't even do a simple thing without cowering in fear!"

Elaina felt a small flame of fear wash over her. The emotion was coming from Monoma. It seemed he was the one in the group who couldn't handle anything of the haunted factor.

"It's a necessary precaution so that no one in the group gets seperated." Iida explained in a patient tone though his emotions suggested otherwise. Elaina had heard from the others in her class how Monoma had a way of getting on everyone's nerves. No wonder the others felt relieved when they didn't hear Monoma's name announced in their group.

She blocked out Monoma's chatter and linked up to Katsuki. Can you use this opportunity to ask Yaoyorozu how she's feeling?

What are you planning? Katsuki sent back to her. She could feel his annoyance to what ever was going on at his end.

You'll see. She broke off her link to him. Earlier, when Yaoyorozu had first ask her to find out how Todoroki felt about her, Elaina had found someone who liked Yaoyorozu, though he didn't realize it yet. The emotion she felt was small but strong, light but unwavering. The emotion had come from Iida and what he felt was fondness and trust. There were more complex emotions entwined with them and it strangely reminded her of Katsuki.

This exercise gave her the perfect opportunity to figure out what it exactly was that Iida was feeling. She just had to be careful with how she went about it. Of she was right and Iida really did like Yaoyorozu, she wanted to tenderly help the emotions blossom, not spring them onto him. She also needed to see if Yaoyorozu would even be open to the idea. She was only entertaining the idea because Yaoyorozu's own emotions told Elaina that she wasn't even sure if she even liked Todoroki.

Elaina released a sigh, unable to detangle all her thoughts. "Haha! Pressure getting to you newbie!" Monoma's shout rang in her ears.

"Monoma, sush," snapped Kuoiro.

"Did Bakugo do something?" Iida asked, guessing where her train of thought was.

"Not yet." Katsuki was anything but subtle. She had a feeling that this wasn't going to turn out well.

"What does that lame basta-" Manoma's words were cut off when Elaina clamped down on him with her quirk. It was a little difficult to connect to him on this level but she was not going to let him finish that sentence.

"Cat got your tongue?" Kuoiro chuckled. The white of his teeth flashed like pearls against his midnight skin.

Iida looked back at them. His lips twitched, unable to decide if the corners should point upward or downward. "Takahashi." His emotions betrayed his stern tone.

Elaina glanced toward the struggling Monoma. His mouth was flapping open and closed with no noise escaping from it. With a heavy sigh she released him from her hold.

"You dirty, class 1a coward!" Monoma seethed. "We of class 1b will make you pay!"

Elaina whirled around and faced him with closed fists. "Do whatever you want but don't ever talk about my boyfriend."