Training Camp Day 1 Part 2

Iida sped through the forest, quickly losing site of the others. He slowed down to look around. Izuku and Uraraka were no where in site. He didn't really want to do this on his own. Conquering the exercise on his own would prove that he had grown but, it would have been nice to have a trusted partner to watch his back.

He shook his thoughts away. It wasn't a good idea to be distracted especially when he knew there was an opponent lurking unseen. With a sigh, he picked up the pace. Trees slid by with no sign of an impending attack.

An icy mist shot pit in front of him. Before he could stop or turn directions, his feet hit ice. He fell face first and slid across the icy ground.

Iida delicately picked himself up and stood on unsteady legs. Ice was not a good combination with his quirk.

"Ha! Ha! Ha! You should have seen your face, oh wait, you were using it as an iceskate!"

He looked up to find where the annoying voice had come from. He found a white haired boy bent over laughing. The boy stopped laughing and looked at Iida with bright blue eyes. The boy looked vaguely familiar to Iida.

The boy raised his hand as if to shake hands. "I'm Natsuo." When Iida stayed where he was, Natsuo dropped his hand.

So, this was to be his opponent.

. . .

"Ah!" Mineta ran through the forest. How had he gotten so unlucky to be without a partner? This was not good for him!

A twig snapped.

Mineta turned his head in the direction of the noise. "Who's there?" His voice trembled.

Idiot! He plucked the balls from his head and quickly climbed up a tree. Hopefully, no one heard him when he foolishly called out. The bushes underneath shook. He just had to open his big mouth. There was no way he could fight if an opponent showed up!

The bushes parted revealing Shoji. Mineta sagged in relief. "Shoji!"

Shoji looked directly at him. Mineta waved his hands. "Catch me." He jumped without waiting for a response. Just like he had figured, hoped for, Shoji caught him. "Wanna be partners?" When Shoji nodded his head, Mineta burst into happy tears. He didn't have to do this impossibly, ridiculous task alone!

Shoji placed Mineta on his back and covered him. "Who do you think our foes are? I haven't seen anyone, though I thought I saw Hawks flying overhead earlier."

. . .

Hawks hovered in the air about twenty feet away from them. Tokoyami shot her an apologetic look. He believed that it was his fault that she now had to go up against the number two hero.

Elaina gave him a small smile. Hawks definitely wouldn't have been the opponent she would have wanted but there was nothing that any of them could do about it. At least they didn't have to fight against anyone like Endeavour or Eraserhead.

"Show me how much you have grown." Hawks finally seemed to notice her. "Your friend can even help."

Elaina plastered on a cocky smile, one that she seen Bakugou wear on many occasions. "You might regret that."

Tokoyami's eyes widened as he seemed to realize something. "Use that special move. We need to incapacitate him quickly."

Hawks's eyes flickered uneasily. He looked back at Elaina. Tokoyami pounced in Hawks distraction.