Hero/Villain Exercise Part 1

Elaina walked outside, taking in a breath of fresh air. She wandered around the grounds for a little while, lost in thought. She made her way closer to the trees that surrounded the property. Right on the edge of the forest was a large rock. She crawled on top of it and laid down.

The birds chirped in the distance. A light breeze blew through, caressing her face and ruffling her hair. It was strange and still new to her; she had a dad. For the very first time in her life, she had a dad.

She still wasn't sure how she was supposed to talk to him, to respond to him but she had hope. Hope that they'll have a normal, or as close to normal of a father-daughter relationship if he wanted it. She didn't have to be an empath to know that he had reservations and she didn't blame him.

Feelings of anger, confusion, and hopefulness washed over her. They weren't her own emotions which told her that someone else was close by. "Hey! That's my rock! Get off it or I'll kill you!"

Elaina sighed. So much for peace and quiet. "I don't see your name on it." She hollered to Bakugou.

A shadow appeared over her, blocking out the sun. She cracked open her eyes to find the angry face of Bakugou. She sighed again but louder before closing her eyes. "Hey!" Bakugou violently shook her, almost causing her head to slam into the rock. "This is not a place for you to sleep! Leave! Before I kill you!"

"Is that all you know how to say?" She had to admit that he was starting to sound like a broken record. An angry broken record. "Can't you give me some time to think."

"That's all you nerds ever do!" He jumped up beside her and sat down. "Find your own damn place to think."

She sighed before pushing herself up. "You know, I finally found him." She whispered before jumping down. Confusion that turned to shock then finally elation emanated from behind her. So, he could feel something more than anger. Leaving everything behind, including Bakugou, she headed back to the dorm.

. . .

The next day, class was taught by All Might. He had decided to do a team on team, hero versus villains competition. The goal for the exercise was to capture all of the members of the opposing team and to lock them up in the provided cage.

The cage was kinda creepy. It was carnival style and pink. The top of it was decorated in some sad, depicted writing and a couple of mocking phrases. It also had pictures of the principal on it. Elaina suppressed a shudder at the thought of being locked up inside of it.

The teams for the exercise was chosen at random by drawing names out of a box. She was paired with Tokoyami and they were playing the heroes.

The opposing team playing the villains were Kirishma and of course, Bakugou. She had a feeling that this exercise was going to be very explosive and very difficult.

"We need a plan." Tokoyami crossed his arms and looked at her. "Especially since it's Bakugou. We need a way to take him out fast if we want to win."

"What moves can you do?" She wasn't too worried about Bakugou. If he was still the same as he was when they were kids then it shouldn't be too hard to take him out.

No, her concern was with Kirishma. She had no clue what his powers were or how he handled himself in this kind of situation.

Tokoyami gave her a rundown of his powers. A wicked smile appeared as a plan formed in her mind. "Here are my quirks and what I can do with them. I also think I might have a plan on how to deal with them but first, I need to know what Kirishma can do."

The five minutes were up and the two teams headed to their designated spots. All Might's voice poured through the speakers. "You have ten minutes to capture both members of the opposing team. Start in three...two...one!"

Elaina gave Tokoyami a big smile. "Are you ready?"

He gave her a quick nod. "Dark Shadow...Fallen Angel." Dark Shadow wrapped himself around Tokoyami's body and spread his arms out to use them as wings. Tokoyami grabbed Elaina and wrapped her in his arms.

Elaina's heartbeat picked up at the thought of flying without using a plane. This was going to be so much fun.