Is it Ok if I don't Want this to be Fake?

A/N: Hey! Sorry for not updating for a while. Shit's been happening, folks. I can probably update more often from now on because it's SUMMER! Anyway here is the obligatory fake dating AU that comes with writing fan fiction. Here we go!

Characters are in their early twenties in this! Also, Zeus is a good father in this one. Not canon compliant but this is an AU and I don't have to follow everything!

Also disclaimer: Once again, I read this with a different pairing but a similar plot and wanted to try it out with these two, so I don't own anything!

Reyna POV:

"Have I told you that you're my favorite roommate? Because you're my favorite roommate. Like ever. In the history of roommates." Reyna says. She's perched on the edge of her mattress while Thalia sits cross legged behind her, gathering some stray strands of hair.

"Ok, I'm taking full offense to that! What about me?" Annabeth voices from across the dorm, finally taking her eyes off her book that she'd practically been glued to the entire day.

"Eh, you're fine, but as I said, Thals is my favorite." Reyna's heart flutters at the chuckle that came from behind her. "How'd you get so good at braiding hair anyways?"

Reyna could feel her shrug as some of her hair was moved from one side of her back to the other. "I dunno. I was bored a lot and ADHD doesn't like that, so I kind of got obsessed with hairstyles for a while. Even got myself a wig just so I could practice on it since I refused to wait for my hair to grow out. Sometimes when Annabeth's cousin came over I would braid his hair since it was so long."

"Mind you, he only tolerated it." Annabeth rolls her eyes. "Didn't appreciate it one bit because his hair always had to be 'flowing in the wind.'" She mocks his words.

Reyna laughs. "I'll have to thank him for that then."

"There, all done." Thalia pats her back and splays herself across Reyna's mattress. Reyna looks in the mirror appreciatively, admiring Thalia's work. Annabeth had suggested she try a fishtail braid and Thalia had offered up her services.

Reyna looks back and smiles at Thalia in thanks. Her breath catches a bit when Thalia looks right back at her, eyes bright and unmoving. Those eyes were going to be the death of her. Neither looks away and Thalia has the barest hint of a smile on her face.

The ringing of Thalia's phone sounded through the room and broke the moment. Before Thalia could even move to get off the bed and to the dresser where her phone was, Annabeth had jumped off the bed and looked at it herself.

"Zeus is calling!"

"Good gods Annie don't call him that." Thalia sighs in exasperation and Reyna knew this wasn't the first time those words had been spoken.

"Ok fine. Mr. Grace is calling. Is that better, Pinecone?"

"Somehow no."

But Annabeth is already picking up the phone in her hand and swiping across the screen. "Hi Zeus! Yes, it's Annabeth here."

Reyna smiles when Thalia ignores Annabeth's antics to instead look at Reyna and roll her eyes, as if saying 'what are ya gonna do?'. Her and Annabeth have been best friends since they were kids, so this kind of stuff is considered a normal occurrence.

"Oh, she's been ignoring you! Well that's a shame. And all because you told her you have a nice young woman for her to meet over winter break?" Annabeth is wearing a shit-eating grin and staring at Thalia.

"Gods— no!"

Thalia leaps up from Reyna's bed and Reyna watches as she tries to claw the phone from Annabeth's hand. But boy is Annabeth strong, because she rips the phone away from her and climbs on the desk; out of Thalia's reach and fending off Thalia's limbs with a yard stick ruler.