Chapter Fifteen

Cat's Pov

My hands were a warm, wet, nervous mess and I didn't know what to do with them. My eyes scanned the front of the louvre, my father used to always say that my eyes were special, the purple tint being one of the reasons that makes me unique. My breath hitched as I spotted Adriana, she was standing there, sizing up each person walking past her.

I took a deep unsettled breath, looking down at Nooroo I spoke, "Nooroo, I don't know if I can do this."

"Mistress please, going to KidBug is the right choice."

Cat nodded and walked up to Adriana tapping the younger girl's shoulder. Adriana faced the girl putting up a defensive stance, her fist out, Cat put her hands up. "Cat?"

"KidBug."

Adriana gasped, "You know? How long?"

Cat looked down, "I overheard Ema and Harry talking."

"Is that why you broke up with Ema?" Adriana asked. I didn't answer, instead I looked down at the ground, "Why?

"It was too dangerous-"

"I'm dating Harry, it's hard but it's not dangerous, Cat, Hawkmoth Jr won't hurt you." At the mention of the unnamed supervillain I finched, I knew Adriana had caught onto that as her look turned into curiosity.

"I'm dangerous for Ema..."

"I don't understand."

I took a deep breath, hands started to shake as my mouth opened to move, "I'm the villain."

As Adriana stared at me I could see the anger, confusion, betrayal in her eyes. I was seen as the innocent, shy, good, the last person who would have been suspected to be the villain. I look down in shame.

Adriana looked as if she was about to yell at me when she quoted my words from yesterday, "she is in danger, she doesn't want to be a villain, not anymore. ~he said he would kill her and use someone else as his puppet." Adriana turned serious and I saw her transform from the bubbly fifteen year old to the brave superhero, "Who is making do this?"

I remained looking down as I spoke, my eyes were glassy and my cheeks red, I wanted to cry but I had to stay strong, "About two years ago I had found out that I have an older brother, I really wanted to tell you and Ema but he told me to not tell anyone. A about a year and a half ago his wife and daughters died in a house fire." The attempts to stop me from crying were unsuccessful as felt a warm tear roll down my face. "He came to me, told me there was a way to get them all back and of course I helped him. When I found out that you and Ema were the heroes I wanted to stop but he didn't let me."

Suddenly I felt the warm embrace of a hug, "Cat, we're going to figure this out together. I promise."